February!

Moderator: Malanee

Blush
TH Master

February!

Post by Blush » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:29 am

I finished the Grant Ginder book last night (Honestly We Meant Well). It could have been a bit shorter but the plot, dialogue, and descriptions were good.

Now I have a suspense novel by Simon Kernick called We Can See You.

Sílvia
Gold Digger

Re: February!

Post by Sílvia » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:36 am

I gave up on To Say Nothing of the Dog. If you haven't seen what I wrote on goodreads, I thought it was funny and well-written, but overly long. It would have worked as a novella.

I think I have abandoned more books than I've finished this year :angrywife I blame my lack of patience in my old age. When I was younger I was able to slog through hundreds of boring pages before getting to a juicier part of a book, but these days? Not so much.

Now I'm reading For Better And Worse by.... Margot Hunt? I think that's it. It had been on my radar for a while. I like it so far.
Just finished "Behind Closed Doors" by B. A. Paris. I loved it, one night I was reading it before bed and then had trouble getting to sleep because it was so gripping and I was just lying there thinking about it. Would recommend, but maybe not right before bed. Hah.
Spudd, now you made me curious. I read another book by this author nd thought it was incredibly stupid, but I do trust your judgement! I think we tend to agree more often than not.

Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:06 am

I finished We Can See You. It was ok.

Next up is The Nobodies by Liza Palmer. It's about a struggling freelance journalist who takes a full-time job as a copywriter at a tech startup and she finds a story. 50 pages in and so far it's really good.
Last edited by Blush on Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sílvia
Gold Digger

Post by Sílvia » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:05 am

Finished For Better and Worse. Loved it! It was fast-paced and believable! Which is my main problem with thrillers these days. Most of them are so ridiculously far-fetched. But this? I could totally see it happening.

Then I started Behind Close Doors after Spudd's glorious review. If I like it, the author will have you to thank, Spudd. I'd never have picked up anything else by her after The Breakdown.

Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:08 am

I finished The Nobodies. It was really good! It read like a YA novel (lots of feelings, introspection, funny awkward interaction between characters) but the protagonist was 36.

Now I have The Farm by Joanne Ramos.

Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:13 pm

So much pressure! I hope you like it!