Blush
TH Master

It's June! What are you reading?

Post by Blush »

:smug
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

I am reading An Absolute Scandal by Penny Vincenzi. I love her books. She writes incredibly long contemporary British fiction with a zillion characters whose lives are all intertwined, and set against real life events.
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

Reading: "Prior Bad Acts" by Tami Hoag - so far so good. Not earthshattering.

Listening: "Slaughterhouse-Five" by Kurt Vonnegut - bizarre, but I'm loving it so far.
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

Spudd, I'm not much of a book listener, but I've been looking for a book-book copy of Slaughterhouse Five, and they're pretty hard to come by right now. RIP Kurt!

Me:
I've been starting so many books that I've got about five (that I've mentioned in previous posts) to finish. I did finish "Bloodletting and Miraculous Cures" and it was really good.
You got into this business because you're funny and weird, and you're socially retarded. And because it pays well. - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock.

:cookie
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

Oh, and I forgot, I'm listening to I feel bad about my neck by Nora Ephron. It's funny!
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

I listen to the audiobooks while I'm walking to work. It makes my commute more enjoyable.

Isn't Slaughterhouse Five still in print? It's such a classic!
Bugsy
Noodles and Corn

Post by Bugsy »

It's summer! I have time for reading! :)

I finished my re-read of the fifth Harry Potter book, and I immediately started rereading the sixth. :lol After this, though, I'm going to move onto something else.

We have a paperback copy of Slaughterhouse 5. J had it, probably from high school or something. This reminded me that I had started reading it but put it down. I seem to do that whenever I try to read Vonnegut. :dunno Maybe I'll try it again someday.
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

Of course it's still in print. I think there's just been a run on copies since he passed away. :dunno
You got into this business because you're funny and weird, and you're socially retarded. And because it pays well. - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock.

Stacy
Assless Chaps

Post by Stacy »

Probably going to re-read Dune while in the field
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

Still enjoying Angela's Ashes here. I'm halfway through. It's great how he manages to be funny in the middle of all that tragedy. I was just reading a part this morning where his friend says he should die for his Faith, and he says "sorry, I can't. I'm already booked to die for Ireland", lol.
Malanee
Challenging Vagina

Post by Malanee »

A Widow for One Year by John Irving - good, but a bit long
Jemima J and Bookends by Jane Green - fun chick lit
Annie Freeman's Fabulous Traveling Funeral by Kris Radish - made me cry

To be read:

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
The Devil of Nanking by Mo Hayder
Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clark
To Have and To Hold by Jane Green
Mutant Message Down Under by Marlo Morgan
Happiness is an inside job.
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

I just finished Momzillas by I can't remember who. Don't bother, unless you really want to know about the competitive world of mommyhood in Manhattan.

I don't know what's next.
Bugsy
Noodles and Corn

Post by Bugsy »

I'm just about halfway through "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance." I had heard that it's a difficult book, but I'm really enjoying it. Plus, it makes me want to get a motorcycle even more than I did before, even though it's not really about motorcycles.
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

ZATAOMM made me want to kill myself by the end. That and "On the Road" I just think you have to be high to appreciate. :lol

Bugsy
Noodles and Corn

Post by Bugsy »

What? Really? :lol Why did it make you want to kill yourself? It just makes me really curious to hear more about this Phaedrus character. Plus, I guess I've been in a somewhat philosophical mindset lately, so I'm really finding it appealing.
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

Well, there's a bit of a twist so I don't want to tell you much... :paranoid

I didn't mean I was literally depressed by it, LOL. But I found it very sloggy and long-winded. But that's me, and it was about 5 years ago. :dunno

Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Post by Rowan »

Everyone must read The Road by Cormac McCarthy.

I read it in 3 hours.

That is all.
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

Ok Rowan, I just put it on hold.

I just finished one by Catherine Alliot. I like her writing. She reminds me of Marian Keyes--not too heavy but not fluffy. She's British. This one was "Not that Kind of Girl".
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

I finally finished my Tami Hoag book. It was a page-turner, I'll give it that. The writing style was kinda pulpy, but the plot had me hooked.
Anna
TH Master

Post by Anna »

I just read a book called
Poison Study, it was pretty good and has a sequel so I'll probably buy that.

Then I read a book called Case Histories, it was ok, they could have wrapped up part of it better.

Not sure what's next. Probaby not much until we actually get to vacation since Eric will be home and we'll be packing