August - What are you reading?

Moderator: Malanee

Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

I just finished Boomsday by Christopher Buckley. It was funny and scary all at once.

This is the guy who wrote "Thank you for Smoking". Boomsday is about "a not-so-distant future when America teeters on the brink of economic disaster as the baby boomers start retiring. Buckley takes on such pressing (however boring) topics as Social Security reform and fiscal solvency, as does his protagonist. And get this: she's a blogger.Buckley's heroine is "a morally superior twenty-nine-year-old PR chick" who blogs at night about the impending Boomsday budget crisis."

:awesome
Malanee
Challenging Vagina

Post by Malanee »

I'm now reading Dry by Augusten Burroughs. He wrote Running w/ Scissors. It's quite good!
Happiness is an inside job.
Malanee
Challenging Vagina

Post by Malanee »

Malanee wrote:I'm now reading Dry by Augusten Burroughs. He wrote Running w/ Scissors. It's quite good!
I ran to the library and got his other book Magical Thinking. I'm going to read that this weekend. :hyper
Happiness is an inside job.
mellenhead
Shoulder Eater

Post by mellenhead »

Malanee wrote:I'm now reading Dry by Augusten Burroughs. He wrote Running w/ Scissors. It's quite good!
I loved both of those books.

I just picked up Sin in the Second City by Karen Abbott, which is about The Everleigh Club, a brothel in Chicago in the early 1900's.