Its March - what are you reading?

Moderator: Malanee

Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Its March - what are you reading?

Post by Rowan »

I'm reading The First Patient by Michael Palmer. I generally like his medical thrillers. This one is a bit slow but I"m only 50 pages in.

I recently finished a few books by Chris Bohjalian, Midwives and Law of Similars. They were both great. I'll definitely pick up more by him.
Last edited by Rowan on Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spudd
TH Master

Re: Its March - what are you reading?

Post by Spudd »

I'm reading "Deception Point" by Dan Brown. It's pretty enjoyable... quite a page-turner.
Rowan

Post by Rowan »

I finished The First Patient and it was just ok. Not one of the author's best.

I'm reading The Secret Between Us by Barbara Delinsky. I like it so far. The story is basically a mother/daughter hit a pedestrian and the mother takes the fall even though the daughter was driving. Very Jodi Picoult-ish.
Beverly
Desperate Postwife

Post by Beverly »

For the past week or two I've been working on Black Dog by Stephen Booth. It's a British detective novel, and so far it's really good, but I'm not getting the time I'd like to devote to reading it! I am liking it a lot, though, and I was thrilled to find out the other day that it's actually the first book in a series, so if I ever get more time to read, I'll have another several of these books to keep me busy. :)
Eponine
Going to Post in a Handbasket

Post by Eponine »

Beverly, I am still shocked that you are able to find any time to read with four children! One of which is a newborn! :bow

I am currently reading Jane Austen's Emma. I have been getting a beating from one of my friends for never reading Austen, so I finally picked one up. Not that I have anything against Jane Austen...it's just when I thought of reading her I was always in the middle of another book. And I had seen the movies, so...you know. :lol Now I am officially in love with her writing! I must read all six of her novels now before I continue on with anything else.
Stacy
Assless Chaps

Post by Stacy »

I'm reading a bunch of books by Beverly Lewis. Why do I read these? They are awful. Total literary suckage. We are talking total foreshadowing FAIL, bad plot, no interest, boring characters. Yet I read them. What is wrong with me??
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

Yay Jane Austen, Eponine!

I'm reading Family Matters by Rohinton Mistry. He's such an excellent writer. And Silvia, it's way less depressing than A Fine Balance was. :giggle
You got into this business because you're funny and weird, and you're socially retarded. And because it pays well. - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock.

:cookie
Rowan

Post by Rowan »

I'm reading "Last Night at the Lobster" by Stewart O'Nan. I"m really enjoying it. Its super short so I will be done before you know it.
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

I'm now reading "Schulz and Peanuts", an autobiography of Charles Schulz. It's very interesting, and it makes you realize how sad the comic strip really was.
You got into this business because you're funny and weird, and you're socially retarded. And because it pays well. - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock.

:cookie
Stacy
Assless Chaps

Post by Stacy »

I am reading Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner. I didn't think I would like it, but I am enjoying it. Though it just suddenly got really strange... :lol
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

I apparently forgot to update this thread. I finished Deception Point (it was good, in a Dan Brown kind of way). Now I'm reading a British murder mystery called "A Place of Hiding".
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

I'm reading Family Matters by Rohinton Mistry. He's such an excellent writer. And Silvia, it's way less depressing than A Fine Balance was.
oh, good to know :)

i'm reading Paul Auster's New York Trilogy, but I only get to read like half a page a day. I'll hopefully be done with it some time before Léo goes to college!
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

I just finished Talk Before Sleep by Elizabeth Berg. It was really good; a quick read (~240 pages?) but oh so sad. I sobbed.

Now I'm reading Planet Reese by a Canadian author, Cordelia Strube. I can't put it down. It is funny and real and I love her dialogue. She's written other stuff and I'm going to seek it out.
Anna
TH Master

Post by Anna »

IM reading Hannibal Rising it's actually pretty good (the prequel prequel to Silence of the Lambs)
mellenhead
Shoulder Eater

Post by mellenhead »

I'm in the middle of reading Beautiful Boy by David Sheff - It's very good.

I also reading Bringing Down the House - it's the book the movie 21 is based on. I got it ages ago and forgot about it until the movie trailer came out. Book was really interesting. The movie looks like it's going to sucked compared to the book.
Beverly
Desperate Postwife

Post by Beverly »

Oops, I've fallen behind on updating, too! (Seems I can find the time to read, but not to post about it! :lol)

I finished up Black Dog, which was really good. Since then I've read The Guy Not Taken, a collection of short stories by Jennifer Weiner. It was okay, but not great. I like her stuff okay, but I don't love it. Then I read Digging to America by Anne Tyler. Her stuff I do love. This one was good, but not her best, I think. Now I'm working on Dancing with the Virgins, by Stephen Booth. It's the next in the series that started with Black Dog. So far, so good.