It's May! What are you reading?

Moderator: Malanee

Anna
TH Master

Re: It's May! What are you reading?

Post by Anna »

I just finished Temple Grandin: How the Girl Who Loved Cows Embraced Autism and Changed the World Since I've seen the movie it was nothing new, but it's an easy read and gives you hope :)
mellenhead
Shoulder Eater

Post by mellenhead »

I finished Bringing Up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel. It's the 2nd in series of 3 bookes about Thomas Cromwell. This one focused on the fall of Anne Boleyn. It was excellent.

I'm about halfway through The Cranes Dance by Meg Howrey. It's very enjoyable so far. It's about 2 sisters that are professional ballet dancers and one has a breakdown (of course!), but the entire focus isn't on that issue and there have been some very funny parts. The first 2 chapters are TERRIBLE though. The author tries explains Swan Lake and I think it's supposed to be funny but it's just not.
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

I'm reading Thanks for the Memories by Cecelia Ahern. It's the worst book I've read in a loooong time. I should know better, chick lit usually sucks, but I was in a hurry and picked it up for lack of choice. I'll finish it because it's a really easy read, but yuck. I can see how it could work as a movie, but as book? Awful.
Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Post by Rowan »

I know this is books but I figure I brought up Germany here so thought I would post a pic. This is the view from my hotel room. It's really gorgeous there.

I finished Crossed by Ally Condie on the plane. I'm reading Jennifer Lancaster's latest. It's ok, I just wonder how many memoirs a 40 something woman can write.
Attachments
Hoisl Brau view.jpg
Hoisl Brau view.jpg (54.87 KiB) Viewed 7580 times
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

Oh, wow, Rowan, that's gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

I finished "The Antagonist" by Lynn Coady this morning. It was a bit of a chore to get into because the protagonist is writing emails to a former friend explaining an incident that happened 20 years ago, so there's lots of jumping around, but by 1/3 in I was hooked. The library had it mislabeled as at "Thriller" for some reason.

Now I have "A Grown up Kind of Pretty" by Joshilyn Jackson. Should be completely different from the above. Also I have "An Economist Gets Lunch".
Rowan

Post by Rowan »

Finished the Jen Lancaster book which was good. Not my fave of hers but I laughed out loud a few times.

I read Delirium yesterday. I liked it but I think I need a break from YA for a bit. I need to hit the library tonight. And the wine store for wine to prepare for the upcoming week.
Rachael
My bee is in the hive

Post by Rachael »

Ro - I am SOOO into Cinder!!! I have about 50 pages left and have been reading all day instead of working. But I have deadlines and MUST put it down for a while. Thanks for the rec!
Rowan

Post by Rowan »

Picked up my hold for 50 Shades last night. Didn't start it but plan to tonight.