What are you reading now (October)?

Moderator: Malanee

Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

What are you reading now (October)?

Post by Rowan »

I just wanted to start this! :lol

I finished Dress Your Family... this weekend. I liked it. Not what I was expecting. I actually read dh a few chapters (he hates reading).

On my library stack to be read are:

Ever Green - Susan Fletcher
Human Capital - Stephen Amidon
A Complicated Kindness - Miriam Toews

Not sure what I'll start with. They are all new authors to me. Probably will start with Human Capital.
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

I'm reading The Frog Prince by Jane Porter. Yes, it's chicklit, but it's pretty good.
Marie
TH Master

Post by Marie »

Nada. I'm moving.
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

I'm reading Life Expectancy by Dean Koontz and The Romantic Movement by Alain de Botton. The former is pure fun, the latter is fun with philosophy. I'm enjoying them both.
mellenhead
Shoulder Eater

Post by mellenhead »

I'm going to start Wicked by Gregory MacGuire tonight.

Other than that I've been reading my Western Civilization textbook. :roll:
Stacy
Assless Chaps

Post by Stacy »

Ummm... stupid books about museums. :roll: Seriously, for my minor field class (Museum history and philosophy), the reading sucks.

Anyway, I am re-reading Les Miserables and lots of books about Mammoths.
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

I posted this in the September topic, but no one replied and I'm still reading them anyway. :huffy
I'm reading a book on writing by Margaret Atwood.

And I'm also reading "The Introvert Advantage." I usually hate self-help books, but this one is really helping me!
You got into this business because you're funny and weird, and you're socially retarded. And because it pays well. - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock.

:cookie
chickenlittle
Poster Extraordinaire

Post by chickenlittle »

I'm about to start The Book of Laughter and Forgetting by Milan Kundera.

It's been sitting on my end table for the last few days, but I'm always so exhausted after studying that the thought of reading puts me to sleep :(
Malanee
Challenging Vagina

Post by Malanee »

The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell
Deadly Decisions by Kathy Reichs
No Logo by Naomi Klein

I'm also still working on Les Miserables...
Happiness is an inside job.
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

I'm reading a book called "E: A Novel". It's set in a crazy ad agency, and told entirely in e-mails. It is pants-pissingly funny! I was guffawing out loud in a coffee shop today. :lol
You got into this business because you're funny and weird, and you're socially retarded. And because it pays well. - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock.

Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

I'm reading Brick Lane by Monica Ali. It's a bit slow, but it's right up my alley. I'm enjoying it.
Lady Bug
Now Zey Can Do Anal

Post by Lady Bug »

Sílvia wrote:I'm reading Brick Lane by Monica Ali. It's a bit slow, but it's right up my alley. I'm enjoying it.
Oh wow - that sounds really interesting!
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

It is, LB, but it's kinda slow. Don't expect too much action. Though right now it's 2001 (the book starts at her birth in 1967 and then goes to 1985) and there's been a lot of tension between muslims and non-muslims in their community, and I'm curious to know what will happen to our hero after September 11th.
Malanee
Challenging Vagina

Post by Malanee »

I'm reading A Girl Named Zippy

It's awesome!
Happiness is an inside job.
mellenhead
Shoulder Eater

Post by mellenhead »

I just finished reading A Cook's Tour - In Search of the Perfect Meal by Anthony Bourdain. LOVED IT. He is so hilarious. He traveled the world, subjecting himself to various cultures "specialty" foods, sometimes getting really sick and other times loving it.

He also rags on the other Food Network chefs and about making a cooking tv show. Funny stuff.

I'm right in the middle of Wicked right now and really liking it. Has anyone read any of Gregory's MacGuire's other books - Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister or Son of Witch?
Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Post by Rowan »

I'm reading the 3rd in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series. I whipped through the first 2 this weekend. Sure its teen reading, but I'm enjoying them. :)

I have the new Dean Koontz book Velocity waiting to be read but it may need to go back to the library before I start it.
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

mellen, I've read Wicked, Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister, and Mirror Mirror. I think "Confessions" was my least favourite, but they were all good!