Station Eleven - Did I miss something? Possible spoilers

Moderator: Malanee

Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Station Eleven - Did I miss something? Possible spoilers

Post by Rowan »

There was a point in the book where I was very involved and thinking that there was going to be some crazy reveal/surprise. And then....pblttt. Even the comic link fell flat I thought. Did I miss something. Entirely possible because I read the ending at the rink.
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Re: Station Eleven - Did I miss something? Possible spoiler

Post by Sílvia »

Ok, now I'm thinking *I* missed something because I never felt that :lol I did think something big was going to happen in the last section at the airport, and I think the discovery of a town with streetlights was it. When Clark says (last paragraph) "If there are again towns with streetlights, if there are symphonies and newspapers, then what else might this awakening world contain"? I think that was your big reveal, the fact that there was hope? Also, about the comics, I think the point was just to show how people were connected. That was the point of the actor, too. In the beginning I was annoyed every time he came up, but then everyone was linked to him somehow.I don't know, it worked for me!
mellenhead
Shoulder Eater

Re: Station Eleven - Did I miss something? Possible spoiler

Post by mellenhead »

I agree with Sil. Usually I would be annoyed at that type of ending but for whatever reason that way it was written just came together for me.