February! What are you reading?

Moderator: Malanee

Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Re: February! What are you reading?

Post by Sílvia »

Finished The Secret Keeper. It was good. Took 40% to take off, though. I like her writing. There was a twist at the end that was too soap-opera-ish and convenient, but made some things better. Hard to explain without spoilers. I only have one of her books left :(

Then I started Still Alice by Lisa Genova because 3 of you liked it. Plus I'm curious because of the movie. So far it's very gripping.
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

I don't think I mentioned it, but I started Crossed by Allie Condie. It's a quick read, which is good, but I'm not that into it. I think I read the first one too long ago to really care about these characters now.

Silvia, I loved Still Alice. I don't know if I was one of the 3.
mellenhead
Shoulder Eater

Post by mellenhead »

Finished The Sasquatch Hunters Almanac. It was really good. I loved the ending.

Also read Savage Park which was basically about how over the top the US is with safety type stuff in parks, the author contrasted it with her travels to Japan and how kids were allowed to build in parks there. It was ok but the book was all over the place and never really came together.

Now I'm reading Sweetland. It's ok so far, hoping it picks up some.
Bugsy
Noodles and Corn

Post by Bugsy »

I also loved Still Alice and don't know if you're counting me in the 3. Alzheimer's/dementia is one of my biggest fears for my future health, so that book really affected me. I cried a lot while reading it too.

Still reading "The Bean Trees" by Barbara Kingsolver. I think it's about 75% complete, and I'm liking it.
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

Yeah, it's the 2 of you plus Molly. You know how when you find a book on goodreads it shows you the friends who have read it?
Bugsy
Noodles and Corn

Post by Bugsy »

Molly! Where the heck has she been? This is probably more applicable on the main board, but I've been wondering where Razzy is too. PRobably just busy with life.
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

They're both pretty active on facebook :dunno I hate the fact that so many people have left this place yet find the time to be there. TH is so much more real.
Bugsy
Noodles and Corn

Post by Bugsy »

Ah, FB strikes again. ;-)