April! What are you reading?

Moderator: Malanee

Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Re: April! What are you reading?

Post by Sílvia »

I gave up on the Marisa de los Santos. Couldn't get into it at all. Then I started The Distant Hours by Kate Morton. I haven't even finished the sample yet, but I love it already. I'd been saving it because it's my last of her books, but then I found out she has a new one coming out in October! :yay
Bugsy
Noodles and Corn

Post by Bugsy »

Bugsy wrote:And I've started a nonfiction book: "The Righteous Mind: Why Good People Are Divided by Politics and Religion," by Jonathan Haidt. It sounds very good, but sometimes NF gives me problems. We'll see.
Still working on this one, but I wanted to give an update that it is really pretty great so far. It's helping me understand "the other side" a bit better--especially when I think about my dad's transformation over the years to his current very right-wing state. Although it's not finished I feel comfortable recommending this one.
Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Post by Rowan »

I read The Real Doctor in its entirety at LAX practice.

I started The Selection which is YA fluff. So similar to Hunger Games except the girls are competing for the prince to marry them. I'll finish it but not sure if i'll reach for the next in the series.
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

While on vacation I read The Woman Who Stole my Life by Marian Keyes. It was good. Then Jump by Jilly Cooper. I got this from my MIL and it's travelled in my suitcase for the past few holidays. It was finally time to read it. It was awful. Then I read A Complicated Kindness by Miriam Toevs. Awesome. Then on the plane today I got through most of Caroline's Sister by Sheila O'Flanagan. So far it's typical of her writing.