May! What are you reading?

Moderator: Malanee

Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Re: May! What are you reading?

Post by Sílvia »

I've read them both, but I didn't like them as much as Pillars of the Earth. I wanted a liiittle more fiction, a little less fact and was slightly bored by the history overload, to be honest. My mom has read all 3 (the third one's about the Cold War) and loved them all. I think I'm gonna read Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay. Then there's a bunch more that look interesting, if I'm not done with WW2 by then. Apparently WW2 is practically a genre these days!
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

I gave up on The Natural Order of Things. I liked the concept (the same story, basically, told from viewpoints of various people in the town) but the characters were all horrible people. Not one redeeming quality to any of them. When one of them was planning to poison a dog, I decided that was IT.

Now I'm going to start A Fireproof Home for the Bride by Amy Scheibe. It's supposed to be "An engrossing tale of intrigue, deceit and racial unrest in the upper Midwest in the 1950s".
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

Finished Sarah's Key. I liked it. Didn't love it.

Then I started Three Wishes by Liane Moriarty. I'm shocked to say I don't like it. That's a first with Ms. Moriarty. And this is my last of her novels :( The good news is it's HER first novel, so she got much better with time. This one's too chick-lit-y. You know the kind, trying too hard to be funny/cute/hip.
Bugsy
Noodles and Corn

Post by Bugsy »

I finished "The Rosie Project" over the weekend. Meh...it got a bit better as it progressed, but this didn't really do it for me.

Then I've just started "Euphoria" by Lily King for book club. I'm only a few pages in so far.