Discussion of the Time Traveler's Wife - Silvia?

Moderator: Malanee

Malanee
Challenging Vagina

Discussion of the Time Traveler's Wife - Silvia?

Post by Malanee »

I think Silvia said she would come up with some quesitons for us...
Last edited by Malanee on Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happiness is an inside job.
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

Oops. I did, didn't I? Sorry, I'd forgotten.

What was your overall impression of the book? Did you like it?

Were you confused at all by all the time traveling?

What did you think of the episode of Clare and Gomez?

Some people said they found the parts where Henry showed up for Clare as a child were totally inappropriate. Do you agree?

What did you think of the last chapter?

Anything else? Feel free to add your own questions, mine are lame!
Last edited by Sílvia on Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

I loved it. It was one of my favorite books in the past... 2 years or so. I thought it was very original (even though time travel is not original she managed to make it different).

Not at all. She was so good at it that I never got lost. Not even once. And I confuse easily!

Disgusting. Have they no shame, no respect? He was her friend's husband!

Some people said they found the parts where Henry showed up for Clare as a child were totally inappropriate. Do you agree?
Some people said that on another website. Call me naive, but I hadn't thought anything dirty until these people brought it up. Ok, he was naked in front of a 6-year-old girl (6? I don't remember), but there was nothing dirty about it.

I don't know, a bit too much. Did she really wait for him all those years? If he loved her so much, shouldn't he just have left her move on after he died?
Marie
TH Master

Post by Marie »

Yes I did, it sucked me in right away. I found I was able to just totally believe in the story and the characters.

At first just a little. But once I got the format he was using I was fine.

Someone needs to remind me exactly what happened.... :oops:

No. She is still the same person and he couldn't control where in time he went. Nothing ever happened between them when she was a child.

I've heard a lot of speculation that it was supposed to be in the after life. I don't agree. I think she sat there morning after morning hoping that was the day she'd see him one last time. Sad and beautiful and romantic and tragic all at the same time.

Not lame, good questions!

Question: do you think it was right to not have their daughter immediately go into that doctor for treatment? But instead to let her decide for herself?
Malanee
Challenging Vagina

Post by Malanee »

hat was your overall impression of the book? Did you like it?

I loved this book. It captured my heart and was so imaginative.

Were you confused at all by all the time traveling? In the beginning I though it migh - but I thought the author did an excellent job and I was never confused.

What did you think of the episode of Clare and Gomez? I understood. Can you imagine how confused Clare must have been at some points? Even loving Henry so much? Here's this real guy in real time who loves her and isn't going to disappear. And Gomez - we knew Gomez had been in love with her from the start. He should have never married her best friend. I didn't agree with it, but I understood it.

I don't agree. It didn't even occur to me once that it might me dirty.

What did you think of the last chapter? I bawled my little eyes out. I'm geting all sniffly just thinking about it. Her waiting for him like that. I hope I love someone that much one day.

Your questions rocked! As for Marie's additional question - I can understand both sides. Mom didn't want her daughter to be an experiment or a freak, but Dad wanted her to have all the advantages he never did. It's a tough on!
Happiness is an inside job.