January! What are you reading?

Moderator: Malanee

Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Re: January! What are you reading?

Post by Sílvia »

Finished Diary of the Fall and didn't like it. It didn't have a plot, it was repetitive and overwritten. Sort of pretentious. Why do I even bother with award-winning books? I almost never like them. The main character was horrible. The style was annoying. Ugh. What a waste. I only finished it because it has 150 pages or so.

Now I'm starting another Brazilian, but this one hasn't been translated into English. It's hystorical fiction about twins who love the same woman in Italy in the 1700s. It has 5 stars on skoob, our version of goodreads. Sounds much more up my alley than the other one. Wish me luck.
Beana
Turducken

Post by Beana »

Reading Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg. It's preaching to the choir but its still brings up some good points.

I gotta try some of the books y'all have been reading. I need some good fiction in my life.
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

I really enjoyed Keep Your Friends Close by Paula Daly. I will look for more by her. Sometimes the plot seemed to lurch forward in an unnatural way but it was still good.

Now I'm reading 10% Happier by Dan Harris on Bugsy's recommendation. Bugsy, have you read the follow up book yet?
Bugsy
Noodles and Corn

Post by Bugsy »

I saw that you added it to a list on Goodreads, but that was the first I'd heard of it. Looks like a good read as well. Hope you're liking 10% Happier!
Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Post by Rowan »

Finished You by Caroline Kepnes last night. Wow! It was great but totally offensive and graphic. So if you're easily offended, avoid but if not, I highly recommend.

I brought something new for lunch but 5 pages in and I know I will hate it so I stopped. Not sure what's next.