Juin! What are you reading?

Moderator: Malanee

Blush
TH Master

Re: Juin! What are you reading?

Post by Blush »

I hope you like it, Sil!

I finished The Doll's House and it was fairly gripping.

Then i started Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari. It's informative, funny, and makes me glad I'm not dating.
Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Post by Rowan »

I finished Find Her by Lisa Gardner which was ok.

I finished The Poison Artist last night. It was a solid 3 until the last 30 pages and then went to a 2 star. Hate that!

I have the latest Laura Lippman stand along Wilde Lake. I usually love her stand alones.
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

I finished Modern Romance. It was well written!

Next: a cheesy seeming story about a 60 year old Brit reinventing her life in the South of France. Not Quite Nice by Celia Imrie.
Bugsy
Noodles and Corn

Post by Bugsy »

Finished "All the Light We Cannot See" last night. Really liked the story, and since the chapters were short it didn't feel as long as it is. I found the writing to be just beautiful and also really cared about the main characters.

Not sure yet what's next. Gotta choose soon, though; I'm about 1 book behind where I should be with my challenge.
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

Bugsy wrote:Finished "All the Light We Cannot See" last night. Really liked the story, and since the chapters were short it didn't feel as long as it is. I found the writing to be just beautiful and also really cared about the main characters.
I told you not to mind me ;)
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

I finished Not Quite Nice. It was cheesy as predicted. But quick.

Now I've got The Island by Elin Hilderbrand. Summery.
Rowan

Post by Rowan »

Finished Wilde Lake last night. It was solid although I didn't find any of the characters likable. I guess that's the new thing. Not sure what's next but I did bring a stack of books home on Saturday!
Rowan

Post by Rowan »

I read The Assistants on Monday. It was fine.

Halfway through the Jennifer Haigh - Heat and Light about fracking. So far so good.
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

I finally finished "The Snowball", a biography about Warren Buffett. It was kind of interesting but in a dry sort of way. :lol And it was way too long.

Now I started "The Eleventh Commandment" by Jeffrey Archer. So far so good. I needed something easy after that Buffett biography.
Bugsy
Noodles and Corn

Post by Bugsy »

Just finished "Astonish Me," by Maggie Shipstead. It was a very quick read (good for my reading goal), but ultimately was just kind of boring. I liked her other book much more.

I was going to start rereading Margaret Laurence's "The Stone Angel" but saw that "Sisterland," by Curtis Sittenfeld, was available and went with that instead.
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

Finally finished All Stories are Love Stories. I'm sorry to say it didn't work for me at all. It was too character-driven for my taste. I thought the style was too flowery and the plot (?) very weak. Oh well. Sorry, Blush!

Then I started The Lake House by Kate Morton because its price has finally gone down from US$21 to US$11. I hope it doesn't drag. It's a bit long (600+ pages.)