July! What are you reading?

Moderator: Malanee

Blush
TH Master

Re: July! What are you reading?

Post by Blush »

I finished The Nest. Not earth shattering but quite enjoyable.

Now I have After You by Jojo Moyes. :)
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

I forgot to say I finished Pretty Baby. It was good, but the ending was slightly dissatisfying. I wanted to know more.

Now I'm reading "A Window Opens" by Elisabeth Egan. I'm actually 3/4 done, and quite enjoying it. I suspect I know how it'll turn out but I don't know for sure.
Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Post by Rowan »

Too funny! I just started The Nest, Blush.
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

Spudd, whatever happened to The Book of Unknown Americans? I suppose you didn't like it?

Still halfway through Truly Madly Guilty.

An online friend and me decided to do this book... club? partnership? in which we send each other surprise books. As in we don't know what the other one's sending us. Initially we were supposed to send each other books the other one wasn't likely to choose for herself, but I already told her I'm really, really not into fantasy and she reads pretty much anything, so I don't know what she *wouldn't* choose, so she just said "send me anything you like". At first we were supposed to buy each other books, but then we decided to send our own copies and maybe get together to return them (we live in the same city, not far from each other). I just sent her The Poisonwood Bible and Doomsday Book. I hope she'll send me something I like. And I also hope I haven't just lost my 2 books :paranoid
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

Finished Truly Madly Guilty. Loved it. Now I feel melancholy that I don't have anything else by her that's new to me for a while.
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

Sílvia wrote:Spudd, whatever happened to The Book of Unknown Americans? I suppose you didn't like it?
I don't think that was me? I'm pretty sure I haven't read that one.

Your book club with your friend sounds fun, I hope she returns the favour!
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

Sil, thanks for the recommendation! I was able to borrow it from the library with no hold wait.
That's you, about The Book... on June 4th. No accusations! :lol I'm just curious.

Oh, I certainly hope my friend keeps her side of the deal. But I'm pretty sure she will.

I started Who Do You Love by Jennifer Weiner. I love her writing even when her plots are not that great (Best Friends Forever, I'm looking at you).
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

Sílvia wrote:
Sil, thanks for the recommendation! I was able to borrow it from the library with no hold wait.
That's you, about The Book... on June 4th. No accusations! :lol I'm just curious.
Oh, haha, I totally forgot that happened. I did borrow the ebook from the library but I haven't read it yet. What I do is borrow from the library and break the DRM so I can keep it longer. Then once I've actually read it, I delete the ebook. I don't have capacity to read them as fast as I'd need to, in order to return them on time.
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

Oh, ok. I'm not crazy then :giggle. I thought you'd started and didn't like it, since you said you'd been able to borrow it.