The Wife's Tale - spoilers inside

Moderator: Malanee

Spudd
TH Master

The Wife's Tale - spoilers inside

Post by Spudd »

So the things that bugged me were:

1- she lost her appetite just like that. I could sort of buy it, because she was so stressed out, but on the other hand, when her dad died she had the opposite reaction so it seemed pretty unlikely. Also, at the end where she just magically started eating the right amount. It seemed unrealistic.
2 - Her husband started withdrawing money. OK, fine - but she kept describing how much he withdrew as being even numbers of hundreds. If he was really in the States, it would have been converted to Canadian in the bank balance and so it wouldn't have been in even numbers. I think she also described her own withdrawals as reducing the balance by even numbers.
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Re: The Wife's Tale - spoilers inside

Post by Sílvia »

#2 I wouldn't have noticed anyway.

#1 Yeah, but I think losing her husband was the biggest/most dramatic thing that had ever happened to her, so I believe it could cause that change in her behavior. Plus meeting Jesús also helped. Finding Jesus definitely saved her :lol (sorry, couldn't resist.) I liked that she didn't magically dropped 150 lbs before the end of the book. Instead she just started eating more reasonable amounts naturally and lost some (and we can imagine she'd keep losing.) That didn't bother me.

Did you have a problem with the inconclusive ending? I was slightly frustrated, but I'm also glad when that happens because I can imagine where the story went.

Thanks!
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

I was also slightly frustrated, but okay with it.
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

I couldn't remember any of these things, even the ending. Maybe I should read it again!
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

Blush, I often think I should stop spending money on books and just reread everything I own, because I remember nothing. My mom is worse, she not only does not remember plots, she also swears she hasn't read books I'm 100% sure she has :loony