November?! What are you reading?

Moderator: Malanee

mellenhead
Shoulder Eater

Re: November?! What are you reading?

Post by mellenhead »

Sílvia, I didn't even start it. It was LONG (700+ pages) and I just wasn't in the mood for one of his books where there are a million and one characters to keep track of. I love his writing but I think I need to just stick to his shorter books like Joyland.
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

Yeah, he really needs better editing, but I guess at this point in his career he doesn't give a shit and neither do his publishers.
mellenhead
Shoulder Eater

Post by mellenhead »

Finished Renegades by Marissa Meyer- I really really liked it. This is the same author that wrote The Lunar Chronicles, which I think a few people here also read. Anyway, the book is set in post-apocalyptic America. Some people have powers and are called prodigies....there are villains and super heroes, the battle of good vs evil, all that good stuff. I'm not saying the writing is earth shattering but it was a really fun book to read.

Next up is Future Home of the Living God by Louis Erdrich. Apparently I'm on a dystopian kick.
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

I finished Swimming Home. It was fine but could have been a lot shorter.

Next is Today will be Different by Maria Semple.
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

Finished Fried Green Tomatoes. I really enjoyed it and want to watch the movie again.

Then I read Isabel Allende's latest, In the Midst of Winter. Overall, I liked it. But it's not one of her best.

Then I started My (Not So) Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella because it was cheap and I needed light and fluffy. We'll see. I hated Confessions of a Shopaholic, but liked some of her other books. I also started the second Harry Potter. I bought a box set on Black Friday. For me and Leo, who's not interested in HP yet, but he loves to read, so I hope he'll read it one day.