February! What are you reading?

Moderator: Malanee

Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Re: February! What are you reading?

Post by Sílvia »

I ended up not getting it. It seemed good, but apparently character-driven, maybe along the lines of Celeste Ng. I wasn't in the mood for that. Maybe some other time.

Then I started One of us is lying. I like it so far.
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

I finished The Rome Affair. It was OK. I didn't feel invested in the story, really.

Next is Catalina by Liska Jacobs. It's her debut novel and I like her writing style two chapters in.
mellenhead
Shoulder Eater

Post by mellenhead »

Finished The Perfect Nanny by Leila Slimani - was disappointed with the ending. So many loose ends.

I'm just about done with Fire and Fury - Inside the Trump White House. It's terrifying and hilarious all at once.
Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Post by Rowan »

I haven't been posting here much sorry.

I finished Sunburn by Laura Lippman. One of her stand alones - generally I really like them but this one was disappointing. I'm sick of reading about characters I hate. I guess for me, I need to like at least someone.

Before that, I read The Woman in the Widow by AJ Finn which I really did like although the reviews have been all over the place.

I think I have My Husband's Wife up next. I have a stack and just don't have the time to read anymore as I've been bringing work home. :angrywife
Rowan

Post by Rowan »

M reminded me that I already read My Husband's Wife. Its not in my book journal so I must have given up on it. I need to track those better. I read the first few pages and it seemed familiar.

I'm reading Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine. I'm really liking it.
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

Ooh, I LOVED Eleanor Oliphant! It was by far my favorite book last year. Mellen hated it :lol Curious to see what you think.
Rowan

Post by Rowan »

Ooh, I LOVED Eleanor Oliphant! It was by far my favorite book last year. Mellen hated it :lol Curious to see what you think
:D That's funny. Well we all know that you and mellen should avoid each other's recommendations generally.