March - what are you reading?

Moderator: Malanee

Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Re: March - what are you reading?

Post by Sílvia »

Couldn't get into Winter Garden AT ALL. I got to 20%, but it was so boring! I don't care if the part about the siege of Leningrad was supposed to be great, I can read a history book about that if I'm interested.

Then I read another book that sucked royally (yay, go me!), A Stranger in the House by Shari Lapena. It was a mix of all the bad suspense movies you've seen in the last 30 years (NOTHING was original), with flat characters and uninspired writing. Worst book I've read this year so far. I only finished it because I'd already returned 2 books in a row to Amazon, and I never know if there's a limit to that :paranoid

Then I started Becoming by Michelle Obama because I've been making such awful choices in fiction, I might be luckier with biographies.
Bugsy
Noodles and Corn

Re: March - what are you reading?

Post by Bugsy »

I finished "The Hate U Give," by Angie Thomas. It was excellent--so very well-written and genuine. Sadly, it often felt like non-fiction, but I think that really shows just how important this novel is. I really love that it's YA also, just so that it possibly has greater chance to really make a difference in society.