June!

Moderator: Malanee

Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

June!

Post by Rowan »

I finished Two Truths and a Lie this weekend. It was meh -> fine.

I have the newest Mary Kubica that I will probably start when I have some time.
Blush
TH Master

Re: June!

Post by Blush »

I finished The Good Sister; it was good. Also I read Transcription by Kate Atkinson. It was ok.

Now I have Autopsy of a Boring Wife by Marie-Renée Lavoie.
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

This weekend I finished The Diary of a Boring Wife, read On Second Thought by Kristan Higgins (very good), and started The Menopause Manifesto.
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

I finished 28 Summers and found it unsatisfying. It was well written but I dunno. I was just mildly grumpy about the whole thing.

Now I'm reading "This Little Light" by Lori Lansens. I feared it based on the title/cover but it's actually really good so far. And she's Canadian, unbeknownst to me (till I googled the spelling of her name just now).
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

Spudd wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:44 pm I finished 28 Summers and found it unsatisfying. It was well written but I dunno. I was just mildly grumpy about the whole thing.

Now I'm reading "This Little Light" by Lori Lansens. I feared it based on the title/cover but it's actually really good so far. And she's Canadian, unbeknownst to me (till I googled the spelling of her name just now).
I loved This Little Light. I don't think there's a Lori Lansens book I haven't liked! She's got a few set near where my mom grew up.
Rowan

Post by Rowan »

I've loved every Lori Lansens book except This Little Light. Actually The Girls is probably one of my top 3 books of all time.

I finished Local Girl Missing by Mary Kubica this weekend which I really liked and was a 4 star until the end when it dropped 1/2 a star. I also finished Beth and Amy by Virginia Kantra which is the second in a contemporary series revolving around Little Women. I enjoyed this one -- 4 stars. The first is Meg and Jo if you're at all interested.

I have a pile of new releases. Not sure what is next.
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

I finished The Menopause Manifesto. It was informative.

Then I read Our Secrets and Lies by Sinead Moriarty. It was not great.

*Now* I have The Mother in law by Sally Hepworth.
Bugsy
Noodles and Corn

Post by Bugsy »

Finished "This Tender Land," by William Kent Krueger, which is the current selection for work's book club. It was good! I wanted it to be more based in real history, but it really was essentially pure fiction. It's a great story, though, and it was an enjoyable read.

Back to "Persist," by Elizabeth Warren. It's so funny how clearly her voice comes through in the writing. Apparently she narrates the audiobook version, and I bet it's just awesome.
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

I finished "This Little Light". While I liked it quite a lot at the beginning, I felt like it just went downhill as it went along. Wouldn't recommend it overall.

Now I'm reading "The Pleasure Trap" which is non-fiction about how we are motivated by pleasure.
Rowan

Post by Rowan »

If anyone likes "spice" in their reading, I read The Idea of You by Robinne Lee. It's pretty spicy but I enjoyed it . :cute

Currently reading Who is Maud Dixon? which I'm really enjoying. I couldn't go to bed last night I was so involved.
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

I finished The Mother in Law. It was good. Now I have Pack up the Moon by Kristan Higgins. It's good, but again with the "made my ovaries twinge" references. :puke
Rowan

Post by Rowan »

I liked the Mother in Law and also The Other Sister by the same author.

I loved Who is Maud Dixon? - will be one of my faves for the year I think.

Not sure what's next on the pile....