July!

Moderator: Malanee

Blush
TH Master

July!

Post by Blush »

I just finished Don't You Forget About Me by Mhairi McFarlane. So great.

Now I have The Searcher by Tana French.
Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Re: July!

Post by Rowan »

Didn't realize we didn't have a July post.

I finished Find You First by Linwood Barclay which was decent albeit a bit phoned in. I have the new Riley Sager taunting me from my library stack. I need MORE reading time. :)
Bugsy
Noodles and Corn

Post by Bugsy »

I finally finished "Persist," by Elizabeth Warren. It was only average, which bums me out a bit. Her voice definitely came through, and I like how she divided the chapters, but it just was a little underwhelming. Still cool that it was free and is signed by her, though!

Not sure what is next.
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

I finished "Confessions on the 7:45". I liked it quite a lot. At the beginning I had a hard time getting into it but it really picked up steam.

Now I'm reading "Exercised: Why Something We Never Evolved to Do Is Healthy and Rewarding". So far it's fairly interesting.
Anna
TH Master

Post by Anna »

My slow distracted ass is reading Stonewall Reader, it’s a collection of short writings from and about the LGBTQ+ community before, during and after the Stonewall Riots.

I’ve been kind of reading it while Evan is at his internship but I get too distracted so I’m barely to the half way point,
Bugsy
Noodles and Corn

Post by Bugsy »

Last night I started "Native Son," by Richard Wright, but am not even through the introduction yet so haven't started the actual story. It's supposed to be a powerful read and is a classic, so hoping it will be really good.