January 2022!

Moderator: Malanee

Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Re: January 2022!

Post by Sílvia »

Finished The Andromeda Strain. I liked it overall, but as I said, there was a bit too much science for someone who's not familiar with the genre (me), and not enough fiction. And the ending was a bit anticlimactic. But I still enjoyed it! Might pick up the sequel, written by someone else after his death, called The Andromeda Evolution.

Not sure what I'm in the mood for.
Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Post by Rowan »

I started A Flicker in the Dark by Stacey Willingham last night. It's good but I think that I'm topping out on murdered teen girls/serial killer stories.
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

I'm reading Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir, which I was really not sure about, because the scientific explanations go right over my head. But always after 2-3 pages of scientific explanations, the author sums it up in a couple of sentences that the lay person can understand. So I'm not lost, but I was less than thrilled. Then something awesome happened at the 25% mark, and now I totally have to finish it! Honestly, what convinced me was watching a video by a Brazilian booktuber who has a background in journalism and said that she loved the book even without the science background to back her up.
Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Post by Rowan »

Glad you're enjoying it. I really liked The Martian and have been meaning to pick up Hail Mary.

I read Reckless Girls by Rachel Hawkins this weekend and really liked it. It's kinda deserted island-y which I like. Speaking of which ... anyone watch Old the movie by M Night Shamalayan. It didn't have great reviews but the 3 of us really liked it.
Bugsy
Noodles and Corn

Post by Bugsy »

Project Hail Mary is high on my to-read list. Glad to hear you're liking it, Silvia!
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

I finished Good Company. It was ok.

Now I have Second First Impressions by Sally Thorne.
Korie
Mmm... posting

Post by Korie »

Has anyone read the Valerie Bertinelli book? I love her :cute
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

Second First Impressions was cute!

Now I'm reading The Pull of Stars by Emma Donaghue.
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

Korie, tell us more!

Finished Project Hail Mary. Like I said, the scientific details were a bit much for me in some parts, but overall I loved the story! Highly recommended. I can't wait for the movie! With Ryan Gosling, no less :eat

Now I have The Last House on the Street, the latest by Diane Chamberlain, which I started along with Hail Mary, but then decided to finish Hail Mary first.