Malanee

Moderator: Malanee

aly
Inventor of the Post-It! ...note.

Malanee

Post by aly »

I am so jealous of how you plow through books so quickly. HOW do you do it? :shock: I'm lucky to get through a 300 page book in a week.
Lady Bug
Now Zey Can Do Anal

Post by Lady Bug »

Um, a week? Try a month, dear. The only time I have to read (okay, take to read) is my commuting time - about 30 minutes a day total.
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

According to my book journal (NERD!) I read 27 books in 2005. That's roughly one every two weeks for me.

:nerd
You got into this business because you're funny and weird, and you're socially retarded. And because it pays well. - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock.

:cookie
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

Lady Bug wrote:Um, a week? Try a month, dear. The only time I have to read (okay, take to read) is my commuting time - about 30 minutes a day total.
Wow, you only commute 30 minutes a day TOTAL? Nice life! I wish I lived that near to work.
Lady Bug
Now Zey Can Do Anal

Post by Lady Bug »

Spudd wrote:
Lady Bug wrote:Um, a week? Try a month, dear. The only time I have to read (okay, take to read) is my commuting time - about 30 minutes a day total.
Wow, you only commute 30 minutes a day TOTAL? Nice life! I wish I lived that near to work.
Ha! I should have been more specific. My actual commute - door to door - is 45 minutes in each direction. But, I'm walking to or from the subway during most of that time (so, obviously, I can't read!). It's only during the 15 minutes or so on the subway each way that I can read :P
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

Don't you read in bed, LB? That's my favorite time.

Crystal, I read 26. Don't you get overwhelmed reading those posts on chicklit? Do you think people really read 140, 160 books a year? I don't know, sometimes I think they are just plain lying.
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

And oh yeah, Aly, I'm with you. I don't know how some people can read so fast. I love reading, but I'm a slow reader. I like to savor what I'm reading. Somebody here once said maybe I read slower when I read in English, but no, I timed it, and I'm just as slow in Portuguese. *shrug*
Lady Bug
Now Zey Can Do Anal

Post by Lady Bug »

Silvia - I actually watch tv in bed. It's not a good habit, though because I often end up staying up late to watch some program when I should be sleeping! I used to read in bed as a kid, but not so much anymore. Maybe I will pick that habit back up :think

Also, I agree with you about reading slowly. I actually bought a book on speed reading and picked up my reading level quite a bit - but then I missed that time to really experience the book, y'know? I speedily read In the Name of Salome by Julia Alvarez. Beautiful book, but I got through it far to quickly!
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

Sílvia wrote:Crystal, I read 26. Don't you get overwhelmed reading those posts on chicklit? Do you think people really read 140, 160 books a year? I don't know, sometimes I think they are just plain lying.
I really believe those people have no lives, LOL. Also, they read a lot of teen stuff and mysteries that you can whip through quickly. I'll stick with slowly digesting real substance, too.
You got into this business because you're funny and weird, and you're socially retarded. And because it pays well. - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock.

:cookie
aly

Post by aly »

Malanee ignores me. :bawl
Malanee
Challenging Vagina

Post by Malanee »

I would never ignore you! I wuv you! :lol

I average about a book a week. But, if I'm in Olympia doing nothing I can do nearly a book a day. I'm a fast reader, plus I do it every chance I get - on breaks, waiting for the bus, while cooking dinner. I read every night. Maybe if I had a life I wouldn't read so much. :shrug
Happiness is an inside job.
Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Post by Rowan »

Glad to see I"m not the only one who keeps a book journal.
2004 - 46 books
2005 - 44 books

I was way disappointed because I wanted to read more books every year but I totally missed it. D@mn motherhood getting in the way of my reading. j/k

Although, you all read way more fancy schmancy books than I do - my reading is way easier to plow through.
Last edited by Rowan on Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aly

Post by aly »

What kind of stuff do you read Rowan?