Beana--Sweet Potato Pie?

Where teh funnay is kept!
curvyred
Noodles and Corn

Post by curvyred »

Beana--fed pie to coworkers, who did NOT think it was too sweet. Must just be me. :) Got good reviews!

I am going to measure the sweet potatoes a little more carefully next time because I think I had too much. That would fix the only other issues, which was that it was a little dry.

Thanks for the great recipe! :yay :yay
Beana
Turducken

Post by Beana »

Yay!!! glad your co-workers liked it.

Sometimes, it takes less than an hour to cook. Was your crust really brown when you took it out of the oven? I should have told you to check it at 45 minutes and keep an eye on it after that.

B
curvyred
Noodles and Corn

Post by curvyred »

No, the crust wasn't too terribly brown but there were a few spots on the filling that were pretty brown.

I think it was overall just a little heavy because of too many sweet potatoes which changed the dry/wet ingredients ratio. That should fix it all.

BTW, I had a bite of it today, cold, and it tasted MUCH better than it did right out of the oven. Funny how some recipes are like that!
Marie
TH Master

Post by Marie »

curvyred wrote:Bruce ate some and said, "Needs cinnamon." :rofl
I *heart* Bruce. :lol
kayley
TH Master

Post by kayley »

on the wet to dry, I was surprised to see that it only had a Tablespoon of condensed milk. Maybe you could put in more if it looks too dry.

Can we vault this recipe please? I am sure I will want it sometime and not be able to find it.

plus it has the new expression "pie-jacked" in it.