LadyBug - Black Cultural Ambassador

Where teh funnay is kept!
Lady Bug
Now Zey Can Do Anal

LadyBug - Black Cultural Ambassador

Post by Lady Bug »

Hey Guys

I just got the following email from a neighbor I met not to long ago in the elevator. She is Asian American and we started talking about race/diversity issues. Check out what she emailed me:

It was nice bumping into you on the elevator the other day. It doesn't seem like our lives have slowed down any, have they?

Anyway, I recently saw Diary of a Mad Black Woman. Have you seen it? In any case, I'm dying to learn how to do the electric slide (I think that's what it's called) and I was wondering if you knew how to do it (and could teach me). This guy I work with told me that it's a "black thing" (is that probably why I've never heard of it?) but it looks so cool. Do you know what I'm talking about or does this sound like jibberish to you?

:roflmao

I told her I would teach her :lol :booty
curvyred
Noodles and Corn

Post by curvyred »

At least she ASKED if you know how instead of completely assuming! :lol :lol
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

:giggle

(I can do the electric slide too!)
You got into this business because you're funny and weird, and you're socially retarded. And because it pays well. - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock.

:cookie
Lady Bug
Now Zey Can Do Anal

Post by Lady Bug »

Crystal Meth wrote::giggle

(I can do the electric slide too!)
Yeah I told her that I don't think it's just a "black thing" anymore. I mean, it started out as something to do at weddings, family reunions, etc. It's like our version of the hokey-pokey or the chicken dance :lol
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

People do it to the Boot Scootin' Boogie at weddings... Leave it to country music to lame something up :giggle
You got into this business because you're funny and weird, and you're socially retarded. And because it pays well. - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock.

Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

People do it to the Boot Scootin' Boogie at weddings... Leave it to country music to lame something up
THAT'S what that dance really is?? I had no clue.
curvyred
Noodles and Corn

Post by curvyred »

It's either that or the Macarena.
Lady Bug
Now Zey Can Do Anal

Post by Lady Bug »

curvyred wrote:It's either that or the Macarena.
Yikes - I totally forgot about that horrible dance!
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

Hey LB, speaking of dancing...

*coughtapupdatepleasecough*

:mrgreen:

Lady Bug
Now Zey Can Do Anal

Post by Lady Bug »

LOL!

Nothing really to report. I haven't been as diligent as I'd hoped and I've only made it to two lessons so far. (Thank goodness I prepaid the semester, though - otherwise I probably would've stopped going.) I really enjoy my tap lessons and I plan to keep them up for a while. One thing I'm realizing is how much my own insecurities factor into the process. It's like I'm so afraid of making noise and drawing attention to myself that I barely make any sound with my taps! I have to force myself to really "let loose" and dance. But, I enjoy it - I am not the best, but I'm having a lot of fun and learning. I really think I want to keep up dancing lessons for a while - I've always wanted to be a dancer anyway :D
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

Yes, dancers are cool. :smug

I like my class. The teacher is really nice, and I like actually being social one night a week. :giggle I think I'm even getting sucked into their June performance. :crystal

Keep it up! You'll be a one-foot-winging fool before you know it! And don't be afraid of making noise either, if you can't do the exact sounds at least try to do the motion.

:awesome

LauraLowEnd
3 Foot Scab

Post by LauraLowEnd »

oh god, the electric slide. i was at my best friend's family's 4th of july barbeque one year and was the only white person there. that song came on and i got dragged out there and tried to fake it. *dies of embarrasment* i think i did ok; i don't remember getting made fun of too much. :)

LB, that is REALLY funny!!!
mott
Jedi In Training

Post by mott »

The best part of this story is that someone you just met already has your email address...

I didn't know that electric slide was a "black" thing. :dunno
Sunrunner
Mmm... posting

Post by Sunrunner »

I didn't think it was either, and why is country line dancing lame?
Beana
Turducken

Post by Beana »

You cannot go to a black family function without doing the Electric Slide....followed usually by the Cha Cha slide. There are specific songs for both dances.
aly
Inventor of the Post-It! ...note.

Post by aly »

The Boot Scootin Boogie is an actual line dance apart from the Electric Slide. Yes, they start out the same, but the Boot Scootin Boogie is a variation and has a few different steps then the Electric Slide including a little one legged hop. :huffy

BTW, I was doing the Boot Scootin Boogie at a wedding and I boot scooted right into this lady standing on the sidelines! My mouth was, oddly enough, open and I bit her bare shoulder! I ate her shoulder!!! :rofl
mott
Jedi In Training

Post by mott »

Aly wrote: I ate her shoulder!!! :rofl

And, that, ladies and gentlemen, should be the new tagline.
Last edited by mott on Thu May 11, 2006 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lady Bug
Now Zey Can Do Anal

Post by Lady Bug »

Beana wrote:You cannot go to a black family function without doing the Electric Slide....followed usually by the Cha Cha slide. There are specific songs for both dances.
I don't know how to do the cha cha :crying (Don't swipe my black card, 'kay? It came out after I graduated from high school . . . and I didn't go to a lot of parties in college!)
Beana
Turducken

Post by Beana »

Well, they wouldn't play the cha cha slide in college. It's a family function type of thing.

I barely know how to do it either. I have to follow the directions in the song. LOL
aly
Inventor of the Post-It! ...note.

Post by aly »

I call the Cha Cha Slide "Dancing for Dummies." They TELL you everything to do!!! How can you not know how to do it?

"Five hops this time..."

"How low can you go? Can you go down low? All the way to the floor?"

:tmi

I hate the Cha Cha Slide btw. I refuse to do it. :huffy