One last MIL weirdness update

Where teh funnay is kept!
Marie
TH Master

One last MIL weirdness update

Post by Marie »

Anyone remember me complaining that while the inlaws did not shower or bathe the entire FOUR days they were here at Christmas, my MIL did manage to wipe all her make up off daily on my white guest towels then refold them repeatedly and hang them back up so the dirty part didn't show? Despite me pointing out where the towels were stored and finally putting a stack on the bathroom counter? Yeah.

Well when I got home I went to look and yep, she did it again. :wtf They come again and I'm going to Walmart and buy cheap ass towels and hang those up. I mean, who does that??? And do you not wash your face first? And who wants to wipe their face with the same towel everyone uses to dry their hands after going to the bathroom?

Oh, and FIL peed on the toilet seat. :ruth Found that lovely surprise this morning.

And for the record, no, they did not shower or bathe again.
Anna
TH Master

Post by Anna »

Are they afraid to bathe and shower? ARe they just stubborn old people who only bathe once a week? When my Mom was a kid they were only allowed to bathe every other day and grossly my grandpa got the bathwater first and everyone followed behind him by age. I do think they switched it out once but that was it. PUKE... my Mom now bathes' daily in fresh water.

And i'd buy cheap ass towels too
Malanee
Challenging Vagina

Post by Malanee »

That is so strange? Are you sure dh wasn't switched at birth?
Happiness is an inside job.
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

Freaky! Does the makeup come off in the wash? I'd definitely buy cheap-ass towels if I were you. Maybe you could subtly put some of those makeup-removal disposable cloths in their washroom.
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

:puke EW.

I'd start looking for some cheap ass towels today. In black.
Jax
Saddle Basket

Post by Jax »

Is there any way MIL could be getting senile and not realize she's dirtying the towels like that?

I like the idea of putting some of those makeup remover pads out. Say that you have discovered them and love them and that you highly recommend them. I would also get some cheap, darker towels for their visits, too.
"In heaven all the interesting people are missing." - Nietzsche
Marie
TH Master

Post by Marie »

Nah Jax, when they left this time she put the towel on top of our dirty clothes basket.

I have white towels and don't care that people use them - everything comes out in the wash with just a little bleach so I don't care that she uses one I just wish she'd use one from the linen closet instead of hanging her nasty one back up for everyone else to use to dry their hands! And I really don't understand how the amount of make up gets on the towel if she's washing her face.

LOVE the idea of the make up remover pads! :lol
Aimie
I ate your cat!!!

Post by Aimie »

That just sounds weird!
Beana
Turducken

Post by Beana »

Dude, what up with that?

Jeff has got to ask his parents about that. For real.
Sunrunner
Mmm... posting

Post by Sunrunner »

If it were me, I'd dry my hands on the dirty towel and then make a show of having to re-wash my hands somewhere else because something was on the towel. But I'm bitchy anyway.

Seriously, Jeff needs to say something to them about it. Are they going to be that way in your house after the baby is born? Is FIL allowed to get away with peeing on the seat in his own house?
Marie
TH Master

Post by Marie »

Sunrunner wrote: Are they going to be that way in your house after the baby is born? Is FIL allowed to get away with peeing on the seat in his own house?
You are assuming they are welcome right after the Peanut is born. They are not. If they want to come we are giving them the option of staying with SIL or in a hotel. We are not hosting guests at that time.

I've never noticed pee on their toilet seats so I have no clue what was up with that!
mott
Jedi In Training

Post by mott »

Do they go to great lengths to hide the fact that they don't bathe? Such as wash only the parts of their bodies that are not hidden by clothing? Or wear perfume? I've heard of people who do this. I don't understand this behavior, but I wonder why people do it. Wouldn't it be easier just to take even a 5 minute shower? I do not get the makeup on the towel thing. Bizarre. Maybe she doesn't know that the rest of the world doesn't do that? Maybe her mom did it so she does it and thinks that's what the rest of the world does?
Marie
TH Master

Post by Marie »

I don't think they hide it but they are well groomed otherwise - they change their clothes daily. :dunno

One VERY weird thing my MIL taught Jeff concerning towels...one day Jeff was sick and throwing up. I check on him in bed and he has an old towel with him. I'm like, um what's with the towel? He said it was in case he had to throw up and didn't make it to the bathroom. I'm like, DUDE! who wants to clean throw up out of a towel? You keep a bucket next to you for that!

:doh

Has anyone else ever heard of a towel as a throw up holder??? :puke
kayley
TH Master

Post by kayley »

I think she just has a diffferent concept of towel from the rest of us!

just be glad she doesn't use them to wipe her bum!

seriously, I would talk to her about the makeup on the towel. She must not know that it bothers you.
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

Ewwww on the towel throw-up catcher! We always used a plastic basin.
Anna
TH Master

Post by Anna »

Towels for puke, not unless I'm in the car and it's the only thing available.

Bathroojm trashcans were invented for puking.
Jamie
Me Not Post Much

Post by Jamie »

I always use a bucket for throwing up. Ewww, throwing up in a towel would just make me throw up more I think.
aly
Inventor of the Post-It! ...note.

Post by aly »

Wow. Your MIL has total towel disrespect. :huffy

:spit

I've puked in my car before. No towels were available. It was not a fun thing to do either. I wouldn't recommend puking in your car if you can at all avoid it. Good thing I sold that car.
Last edited by aly on Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

Your MIL has total towel disrespect.
Haha! I vote for a new tagline!
Miss_Skates
Where's the Post?

Post by Miss_Skates »

That is so gross! She must be so fixed in her ways that she doesn't even re\lise it is wromg!