Its May - what are you reading?

Moderator: Malanee

Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Its May - what are you reading?

Post by Rowan »

Past the Bleachers - Chris Bohjalian. So not my favorite of his - not sure I will finish it. I've loved everything else of his recently though.
Anna
TH Master

Re: Its May - what are you reading?

Post by Anna »

The Birth HOuse and goign to start The Tipping Point tonight I think. I left The Birth House in NC
Beverly
Desperate Postwife

Post by Beverly »

I just started Half-Assed, by Jennette Fulda (better known as Pasta Queen).
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

I'm still reading Vanity Fair, but I also just started A Spot of Bother, which I like to say repeatedly in a British accent. :lol

So far it's good. It's from the same guy who wrote The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time.
You got into this business because you're funny and weird, and you're socially retarded. And because it pays well. - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock.

:cookie
mellenhead
Shoulder Eater

Post by mellenhead »

I'm in the middle of tweak by nic sheff.

I read shop o holic and baby because I needed something mindless
Malanee
Challenging Vagina

Post by Malanee »

I'm on the library wait list for a bunch of books, including some you guys recommended!

At this moment I'm reading Candy Girl by Diablo Cody - the stripper who wrote Juno. I'm also reading Peace Like a River and Shift Happens! by the same author as Happiness Now!
Happiness is an inside job.
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

Malanee wrote: the stripper who wrote Juno.
Poor Diablo Cody. She won the Oscar - can we not just call her a screenwriter yet? :lol
You got into this business because you're funny and weird, and you're socially retarded. And because it pays well. - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock.

Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

I have read two books so far this month. The first is Thanks for the Memories by Cecelia Ahern (author of PS I Love you). It was meh. I found myself skimming pages to make it go faster.

And I just (as in 2 minutes ago) finished At a Loss for Words by Diane Schoemperlen. It was small and a fast read. I started reading it last night before bed and I just finished it in the last hour and a half. It was really really good. I'm going to seek out more of her work.
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

I'm reading "Light a Penny Candle" by Maeve Binchy. It's her first book. I'm enjoying it quite a lot, too.

On audio, I'm still reading "Wind in the Willows" by Kenneth Graeme (sp?). It's pretty good. I haven't been walking enough, though, I'm not making very good progress.
Beverly
Desperate Postwife

Post by Beverly »

Last week I read a so-so chick lit called Farm Fatale by Wendy Holden. Now I'm reading About a Boy by Nick Hornby.
mellenhead
Shoulder Eater

Post by mellenhead »

I just started reading Little Children. I'm only about 5 chapters in, but it's really good.
Malanee
Challenging Vagina

Post by Malanee »

Noted Crystal!

I just read Augusten Burroughs Possible side effects. It was awesome. My favorite story is Little Cruxifictions. READ IT.

Did I mention I'm reading three cups of tea? I'm in the middle and getting a little bored.

I'm reading two really good books with young kids and parrots. How random is that? One is called the Parrot's Theorem and the other is called The Final Solution - which is written by the write of The Amazing Adventure of Kavalier and Clay - by Michael Chabon.
Happiness is an inside job.
Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Post by Rowan »

I just finished Infected by Scott Sigler. Amazon kept sticking it on my "recommended" list so I got it from the library. It was really good if you like the "sickness to end the world" type of theme.

Not sure what's next on the pile.
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

Don't laugh at me! :nervous I picked up a book called "The Shy Single", because geez eff, I need to do something to fix this situation. I don't think it's necessarily just about dating, but social confidence in general. Here's hoping...