It's June - what are you reading?

Moderator: Malanee

Rachael
My bee is in the hive

Re: It's June - what are you reading?

Post by Rachael »

I'm reading the one Blush recommended - Then Came the End? I forget the exact title. I'm a bit over 100 pages in.

I finished the second Sookie book. It was slightly better than the first. I have issues. I feel like I have to read the whole series since I started it, even though I'm not that into them. Hope they get better!
Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Post by Rowan »

I finally finished What the Dead Know by Laura Lippman. I really liked it but I couldn't speed through it for some reason. Some really good twisty plots.

I had Wed off and read Sleeping Arrangements by Madeleine Wickham. Really easy chick lit. It's Sophie Kinsella's pseudo name.

I'm reading Practically Perfect by Katie Fforde. Again, chick lit.

I have to pick up the 4th Sookie at the library at lunch. I'll probably read that next. I have Columbine on my library pile but I haven't been in the mood for serious lately. It has gotten really great reviews.
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

Far from the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy. I love you, Thomas Hardy! :nod
You got into this business because you're funny and weird, and you're socially retarded. And because it pays well. - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock.

:cookie
Rachael
My bee is in the hive

Post by Rachael »

In addition to Then Came the End, I'm reading What I Talk About When I Talk About Running on my lunch break at work and the third Sookie book while I ride the exercise bike.
mellenhead
Shoulder Eater

Post by mellenhead »

I'm not sure if I posted this but I read Certain Girls by Jennifer Weiner, it's the follow up to Good in Bed. I really liked it, though some parts dragged a little bit.

I'm waiting for my mom to finish Columbine. I got it for her for mother's day - I want to read it though!

Right now I'm half heartedly reading a biography of Henry VIII that is extremely dry and boring and I just started reading Swapping Lives or something like that by Jane Green (I think). I needed something to read while Jake naps since he is refusing to nap in his crib while he is sick.
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

I just finished Great Expectations yesterday, finally. That Dickens guy sure is wordy.

My new commuting book is "The Great Gatsby". It's significantly shorter than Great Expectations, hopefully it will breeze right along.