March! What are you reading?

Moderator: Malanee

Spudd
TH Master

Re: March! What are you reading?

Post by Spudd »

I have the Discovery of Witches on hold at the library, glad to hear it's going to be good.

Rowan, I think it took me 50-100 pages to really get into the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. At first the translation was bothering me and I wasn't really getting the characters. But it went away after a while and it was worth it.

I just downloaded the audiobook for "Room" and will probably start listening to it on my way home from work today.

On paper, I'm reading "The New Space Opera 2", which is a collection of short science fiction stories.
Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Post by Rowan »

Thanks Spudd. Hope you like Room - it was one my favorites last year.
Beverly
Desperate Postwife

Post by Beverly »

Rowan, it took me a little while to get into the first one, but once it took off, it really took off!
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

Spudd, who's the narrator of Room?

I'm reading The Road by Cormac McCarthy. The short sections are pulling me through but I'm afraid of what's going to happen. Also I have it because my former co-worker gave it to me and said she didn't want it back. I've been reluctant to start it because how good can it be if she doesn't want it back? I finally did because after vacation I had nothing else to read.
Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Post by Rowan »

Blush, I loved The Road but I loved it from page 1.

Thanks Beverly for the input.
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

Rowan wrote:Question: For those who've read The Girl Who.... series, how long did it take to get into the first book? I've tried a couple of times but just can't get far into it. I want to read them because people have loved them so much but I keep getting stuck.

Thoughts?
As far as I remember, I got into it right away, but I could be wrong. Anyway, it certainly didn't take long.
mellenhead
Shoulder Eater

Post by mellenhead »

Rowan I've tried to start "The Girl Who. . . . ." A few times and I simply can't get in to the book. I feel like I should love it since its so popular, but I just can't do it.
Bugsy
Noodles and Corn

Post by Bugsy »

I've only read the first one, Rowan, and it did take me a little bit to get into it. But then suddenly I was completely hooked and read it all in about a week, which is quite fast for me.

The Road was good but sad. I got the movie from the library recently but didn't see it before it was due back.