May! What are you reading?

Moderator: Malanee

Beverly
Desperate Postwife

Re: May! What are you reading?

Post by Beverly »

I'm working on Middlesex. So far I like it, but I'm getting to read only five or ten pages a day ... at this rate I'll finish by Christmas.
mellenhead
Shoulder Eater

Post by mellenhead »

I finished up Wicked Bugs: the louse that conquered Napoleon's Army and other diabolical insects by Amy Stewart. CREEPY. I couldn't read it at night in bed because I kept thinking I was feeling creepy crawlies on my legs.

In Zanesville by Jo Ann Beard - good book! About the friendship of 2 girls starting around age 14.

Everyone Loves You When You're Dead - Neil Strauss - A round up of articles and write ups on all the celebrities he's interviewed over the years

Dead Reckoning - Charlaine Harris - It's the latest in the Sookie Stackhouse series. It was good in the usual ridiculous way.

I think I'm going to start The Great Night by Chris Adrian next.
Anna
TH Master

Post by Anna »

I'd Know You Anywhere was fabulous so I'm going to find a couple more of her books!
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

I finished "So Much Pretty". After the initial draw it seemed to bounce between too many narrators to be cohesive. I didn't really get sucked in until the halfway point. But it was good, and made me think.

Next I have "This Cake is for the Party" by Sarah Selecky. It's a book of short stories, which I usually don't care for, but will perhaps suit the short attention span I have lately.
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

I finished Water for Elephants and it didn't do anything for me. Bah. I hate when that happens. EVERYONE loves a book except you. You keep thinking "what am I missing?" the whole time. I think it took forever to get going (like 180-200 pages), so by the time it did I was so irritated that I just wanted to get it over with. Sorry!

Now i'm reading The Postmistress by Sarah Blake http://www.amazon.com/Postmistress-Sara ... 662&sr=1-1 and I'm enjoying it so far, but I've been so distracted by house thoughts that I haven't been able to concentrate much.
mellenhead
Shoulder Eater

Post by mellenhead »

I read Path of the Assassin by Brad Thor. It's an older book, one of those military suspense type books. I just discovered his books so I'm going back and reading his older stuff. They are good quick reads.

Now I just started Thou Shalt Kill by Daniel Blake (who is according to the book jacket and "internationally acclaimed best selling author" working under a pseudonym). The book is set in Pittsburgh, which I'm loving. Love all the little stuff he's dropping in about the city, he must have spent a lot of time here. It's a mystery/murder/suspense story so I hope it stays good, I hate when I figure out the end 3/4 of the way through.