It's March - what are you reading?

Moderator: Malanee

Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Re: It's March - what are you reading?

Post by Rowan »

Blush, any insight in Girls in White Dresses? I can get it from the library for my Kindle and wondered how it was...
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

Rowan, I just finished it and I really loved it. Each chapter was from the point of view of a different girl in a loosely knit group. The author really seems to be able to write how women honestly think and I found it pretty funny in places.
Beverly
Desperate Postwife

Post by Beverly »

I'm almost halfway in to What Alice Forgot (another Blush recommendation!), and so far I like it a lot.
mellenhead
Shoulder Eater

Post by mellenhead »

I finished Defending Jacob by William Landay. Meh. It was ok, but it was farily easy to figure out the twist. Not sure why I bother reading mystery/thriller books because I always end up annoyed.

I still have Gods of Gotham to read but then I realized it has a 5 page glossary of words used in the book (it's set in 1895, I think) . :?

I reread The Hunger Games yesterday in anticipation of seeing the movie this weekend. Still loved it and now I'm tempted to reread the next 2 as well.
Beverly
Desperate Postwife

Post by Beverly »

I just finished What Alice Forgot, and I really liked it. Now I'm on to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy so that my husband will finally stop mocking me for not having read it. :lol

Mellen, I really want to read Gods of Gotham since it's been compared to Caleb Carr's The Alienist, which I LOVED. I'll have to wait 'til it's out in a cheaper format, though. :)
mellenhead
Shoulder Eater

Post by mellenhead »

Beverly I loved Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. I bought all the books in the set and gave up somewhere in the middle when it got really strange.

I've heard great things about Gods of Gotham, the glossary just gave me pause last night. My brain wasn't functioning enough to deal with it. I'll have to look up the Alienist.
Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Post by Rowan »

I finished The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest this week. I'm sad that I'm done the trilogy...I spread them out because I figured I would feel that way (also because they're pretty dark and depressing!). We watched the US version of the ...Dragon Tattoo last Fri and the Swedish version last Sat. It was kinda neat to do them back to back. I thought they did a fairly good job with the movies (and the 2 were pretty similar although the US actors were "prettier") but of course there were gaps in the story (dh hadn't' read the books so I filled him in some).

I'm currently reading Full Dark No Stars by Stephen King. I'm giving him another shot lately as I really enjoyed 11/22/63.

My month of hell is almost over so maybe I can start reading more again....