February already! What are you reading?

Moderator: Malanee

Bugsy
Noodles and Corn

Re: February already! What are you reading?

Post by Bugsy »

We read "The Professor and the Madman" by Simon Winchester for book club this past month. I listened to the audiobook and liked it pretty well. It's about the writing of the Oxford English Dictionary and is far more interesting than that might sound. ;)

This month's book is "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern, which I'm also listening to on my commute. I just started it yesterday, and it's pretty damn awesome so far. I can't wait to see where it goes.

I started "The Audacity of Hope" by Barack Obama a few nights ago. It's all right so far, but I'm not very far into it.
mellenhead
Shoulder Eater

Post by mellenhead »

I finished The Burn Palace. Good ending, totally enjoyed it. Rowan, did you start it? What do you think?

I started The Truth in Advertising at lunch. Seems like a take on Mad Men set in current times. There have already been a few to many celebrity name drops, like Gwyneth Paltrow working on the ad campaign in the book. I'm only about 40 pages in so hopefully it picks up a bit.
Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Post by Rowan »

The beginning of Burn Palace is weirdly bumpy. Granted I'm only about 10 pages in...I think I need to adjust to the author's style maybe.