February! What are you reading?

Moderator: Malanee

Blush
TH Master

Re: February! What are you reading?

Post by Blush »

I decided to go with something a little lighter: Early Decision: Based on a True Frenzy by Lacy Crawford

From Good Reads:
In Early Decision, debut novelist Lacy Crawford draws on 15 years of experience traveling the world as a highly sought-after private college counselor to illuminate the madness of college admissions.

Working one-on-one with Tiger-mothered, burned-out kids, Anne “the application whisperer” can make Harvard a reality. Early Decision follows five students over one autumn as Anne helps them craft their college essays, cram for the SATs, and perfect the Common Application. It seems their entire future is on the line—and it is. Though not because of Princeton and Yale. It’s because the process, warped as it is by money, connections, competition, and parental mania, threatens to crush their independence just as adulthood begins.

Whether you want to get in or just get out, with wit and heart, Early Decision explodes the secrets of the college admissions race.
Beverly
Desperate Postwife

Post by Beverly »

I caved and started reading Gone Girl, and wow, such a page-turner! I'm just over halfway and will probably finish in the next day or two.
Bugsy
Noodles and Corn

Post by Bugsy »

Last night I finished "Me Before You." Loved it! It made me cry too.
Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Post by Rowan »

I loved Me Before You. It was one of my favorites last year.

I read The Book Thief earlier in the week. It was good but not amazing. I felt the narration was clumsy.