March!

Moderator: Malanee

Blush
TH Master

March!

Post by Blush »

I am about to start The Clockmaker's Wife by Daisy Wood. WWII London.
Spudd
TH Master

Re: March!

Post by Spudd »

I finished Millionaire Teacher. It was good, for a non-fiction personal finance book.

Now I'm reading "The Last Mrs Parrish". I forget who it's by. When I opened it in my Kindle, it was on the last page, so I might have already read it once. But so far, I don't recognize anything so maybe it was just a weird glitch.
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

I finished The Surrogate Mother, which was a bit more ridiculous than the other 2 I'd read by her (Freida McFadden), but still fun. Then I read The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue, which had an interesting premise, but was way too long, with very little happening in the second half.

Now I'm going to have a look at the sample of A Fall of Moondust by Arthur C. Clarke.
Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Post by Rowan »

I'm reading Mothered by Zoje Stage. It's fine. I really liked her other book - Baby Teeth.

Stress = not turning to books :(
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

I finished "The Last Mrs Parrish". I quite liked it. Apparently they're making it into a Netflix movie.

Then I started Freedom by Jonathan Franzen. So far it's OK, but I'm only like 5 pages in.
Rowan

Post by Rowan »

I finished Mothered and it was fine.

I read Somebody Else's Shoes by JoJo Moyes which was fine as well. I've liked some of her others better.

Not sure what's next on the list.
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

I finished The Clockmaker's Wife and it was not great.

Then The Anthropocene Reviewed by John Green, which was AWESOME.

Then a book I won called On The Waterfront by Mike McCoy. Premise: good Execution: not as good

Then The Guest List by Lucy Foley. I read it on the balcony this afternoon while R had a nap. 4 stars.

I also brought Margaret Atwood's Blind Assasin. I have tried to start it multiple times and I just can't. The sci fi parts make me squirm. So I am leaving it in the little library here.
Rowan

Post by Rowan »

Oooh! Lots of vacation reading!!

I have heard awesome things about Anthropocene - I'll have to move it up on my list.

I started reading Finance for People Over 50 For Dummies. LOL I like the Dummies books - nice intro although I know much of what they're discussing at the moment.
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

I read A Fall of Moondust by Arthur C. Clarke, which was entertaining enough if you enjoy sci-fi. It was incredibly sexist, though, which hurt my 21st century ears. I know it was written in 1960, but the man was writing sci-fi set in about 2040. He should have taken that into consideration.

Then I read The Other Mrs. by Mary Kubica, which was forgettable and far-fetched, but entertaining enough, too.

I'm ready for an amazing read now.
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

I read For Twice in My Life by Annette Christie. It was meh/fine. 2.5 stars.

Now I have The Diamond Eye by Kate Quinn. I have high hopes for this one.