What are you reading now? (December!)

Moderator: Malanee

Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

I'm reading a really good book called Mme. Proust and the Kosher Kitchen. Go read it now.
You got into this business because you're funny and weird, and you're socially retarded. And because it pays well. - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock.

:cookie
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

I loved Three Junes, Ruth.

Let's see... I finished The Kite Runner a few days ago. You guys were right, it IS wonderful. I thought the beginning was a little slow, though.

Then I finished The Romantic Movement by Alain de Botton. I started it about 2 months ago, was hating the main character and stopped. But then a friend said it was good and I decided to finish it. Well, the main character did get more interesting towards the end, but it was just an ok book.
Jax
Saddle Basket

Post by Jax »

Ruth, I love Animal Farm.

I am reading "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime." I am also reading some Dean Koontz book, the name of which escapes me, largely because my son has misplaced it for me.
"In heaven all the interesting people are missing." - Nietzsche
Lady Bug
Now Zey Can Do Anal

Post by Lady Bug »

I just started listening to Bait and Switch - The (Futile) Pursuit of the American Dream by Barbara Ehrenreich. I love audiobooks - thanks, Spudd!
chickenlittle
Poster Extraordinaire

Post by chickenlittle »

Glad to see such rave reviews for Three Junes - I pickedup a copy at Goodwill a few days ago!

Currently reading: Eye of the Albatross: Visions of Hope and Survival

Others on my to-read list

From the library:
- The Gatekeepers: Inside the Admissions Process of a Premier College
- American Dream: Three Women, Ten Kids, and a Nation's Drive to End Welfare
Xmas gift from Nick: Invisible Monsters
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

I just finished Sweetwater Creek by Anne Rivers Siddons. It was ok. Not her best. She does have a way with coming-of-age-stories though.

Now I'm reading the uber fluffy Undomestic Goddess. Does Sophie Kinsella EVER think of deviating from her formula? Probably not. But I'm on holidays and don't want to think too hard anyway.
Lady Bug
Now Zey Can Do Anal

Post by Lady Bug »

Blush wrote: Now I'm reading the uber fluffy Undomestic Goddess. Does Sophie Kinsella EVER think of deviating from her formula? Probably not. But I'm on holidays and don't want to think too hard anyway.
I know what you mean - that's why I stopped with her books after the third Shopaholic book . . . I couldn't bear to take another trip with Becky (and her clones in the other books). Let me know if you like it!
Anna
TH Master

Post by Anna »

Well Eric got me a CSI book for Xmas b/c he couldn't find Wifey, I guess I need to at least attempt to read it.