Free Cat!

Where teh funnay is kept!
aly
Inventor of the Post-It! ...note.

Free Cat!

Post by aly »

Anyone want a free cat? She already has a name, Nicey. She's really nice too. Honest. She's a pretty calico with all her shots and she's spayed. She's about a year and a half old now. Very playful. Poop doesn't even stink that bad either.

Comes with food, litter and litter box. Plus toys, scratching post and kitty condo. :dweeb
chickenlittle
Poster Extraordinaire

Post by chickenlittle »

:rofl

What kind of hijinks is Meanie up to today?
Marie
TH Master

Post by Marie »

What did she do now??? :lol
Jax
Saddle Basket

Post by Jax »

<ignorant>

What's a kitty condo?

</ignorant>
"In heaven all the interesting people are missing." - Nietzsche
Marie
TH Master

Post by Marie »

Jax
Saddle Basket

Post by Jax »

Okay, that was my guess, but I was wondering if it was carpeted or padded or what.

I wish I had a Jax-sized kitty condo.
"In heaven all the interesting people are missing." - Nietzsche
lindasue
Me Not Post Much

Post by lindasue »

Oh I know she is gorgeous!!! I love calico but she must have really done something wrong :lol
aly

Post by aly »

She's just annoying as piss. She is an "attack cat" and she never lets you just pet her, she always wants to paw at you and bite (not hard, just to play) and it's just annoying. I couldn't have a Christmas tree up because every time I turned around there was a stupid cat hanging in the middle of it. You spray her with water and she just loves the rush she gets from trying to escape it. She loves getting negative attention so I think she just does bad things to get that kind of attention. I have tried to give her positive attention (I even went through some kind of kitten bonding thing on some website I read about where I held her every day for 30 minutes at a time and whispered sweet nothings in her ear and carried her around the house :lol) but nothing ever worked. You can't discipline her at all and she's just driving me nuts. Plus it scares me that she doesn't mind us at all and CANNOT be disciplined because while we can keep a close eye on Julian now, what will we do in the long run when he's running around and decides to pull her tail? I don't want him hurt, and I'm afraid she'll eventually do something like that to him. I feel bad that we got her and now we might have to give her away (I won't take her to a shelter though, I can't do that...I'd rather find a home for her) so soon, but she's not baby friendly or kid friendly at all.

:bawl :tearhair
Marie
TH Master

Post by Marie »

Aly, maybe you should start checking out no-kill shelters and rescue operations in your area. Often there is a waiting list, especially with the rescue organizations. It sounds like she isn't calming down and if you have concerns/fears over Julian's safety maybe it is time to find a home where she can be happy.
aly

Post by aly »

Who would ever be happy with a cat like this? Seriously. :shock: :lol

I have these fears that she will live a life going from home to home because she's so unmanageable...she'll never feel like she belongs and she'll become angsty and get lots of piercings and then get strung out on drugs and end up on the street homeless and smelling like cat piss....
Marie
TH Master

Post by Marie »

Well she might eventually calm down. She is only about a year and a half old, right? Still in the puppy stage so to speak. And some people like spaz cats with lots of energy. Tough decision to make.
aly

Post by aly »

I wish there was a way to sneak her in Bo's mom's suitcase without her dying from suffocation. Or get Bo's mom to take her back to Ukraine with her. :mrburns
Marie
TH Master

Post by Marie »

When does she leave?
aly

Post by aly »

Ugh. I don't even know anymore. She's decided to stay again. Bo told her the whole threatening to leave shit has to stop, but who knows if she'll listen. The thing is we owe so much in stupid taxes (no idea how we got so screwed because we had a baby AND bought a house) and it's tempting to not have to pay for daycare. Very tempting. So I guess she's leaving in March as was the original plan. Only 2 more months, and Bo will be traveling a lot in February so hopefully that will mean they won't fight as much.
Marie
TH Master

Post by Marie »

Oh no! I'm really sorry. Are you going to be standing up to her and not taking any more abuse?

:bighug
aly

Post by aly »

She doesn't abuse me...that's the thing. How can I stand up to someone that doesn't directly say anything to me. If she is outright rude to me, then yeah, I won't take it! When she said her little "I'm going to Ukraine. Back" thing, I was just like "Ok." I think because I did it so matter of factly she probably got pissy that she wasn't upsetting me. :shrug I think she's doing a lot of this because it gets her attention and causes problems.
Marie
TH Master

Post by Marie »

Kinda like a drama queen? Then yeah, ignoring her might be best. I feel for you - after wanting to scream after being with my MIL for 4 days!