Do not buy "Citizen Girl."

Moderator: Malanee

Jax
Saddle Basket

Do not buy "Citizen Girl."

Post by Jax »

It's by the people who wrote "The Nanny Diaries", but it sucks ass. I can't even make myself finish it.
"In heaven all the interesting people are missing." - Nietzsche
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

Really? :lol It was on my list...
You got into this business because you're funny and weird, and you're socially retarded. And because it pays well. - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock.

:cookie
Jax
Saddle Basket

Post by Jax »

I hate it. I am so bored with it. I have OCD issues, so it's hard for me to stop in mid-read, but....it's so boring that I have been reading it for weeks. I just couldn't care less about the characters. Very disappointing.
Lady Bug
Now Zey Can Do Anal

Post by Lady Bug »

Yikes - I actually heard that the nanny diaries wasn't all that, either. :shrug
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

I read it, but mainly because I didn't have anything else compelling to read at the time. The fact that her name was Girl pissed me off.
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

See, I didn't mind "The Nanny Diaries."

I don't have very high expectations of chicklit. I read it because it's fluff. I much prefer someone who writes chicklit for what it is, rather than trying to cram too much depth into it. (Jennifer Weiner, I'm looking at you. :grumble )

:shrug
You got into this business because you're funny and weird, and you're socially retarded. And because it pays well. - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock.

Lady Bug
Now Zey Can Do Anal

Post by Lady Bug »

Crystal Meth wrote:See, I didn't mind "The Nanny Diaries."

I don't have very high expectations of chicklit. I read it because it's fluff. I much prefer someone who writes chicklit for what it is, rather than trying to cram too much depth into it. (Jennifer Weiner, I'm looking at you. :grumble )

:shrug
I know what you're saying about chicklit, but at the same time, I really appreciate that Jennifer Weiner actually asks her readers to *think* while also entertaining them. She is the gold standard by which all modern chicklit should be judged!
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

Lady Bug wrote: She is the gold standard by which all modern chicklit should be judged!
BWAH!! I love your sense of humour :rofl Weiner is so one-note, IMHO.

Jax
Saddle Basket

Post by Jax »

Blush wrote:I read it, but mainly because I didn't have anything else compelling to read at the time. The fact that her name was Girl pissed me off.
:ditto Get a fucking name. I hate it. It drives me nuts. I've stopped reading the book now. :phbtt!