ISO: Names to make my MIL cringe.

Where teh funnay is kept!
Marie
TH Master

Post by Marie »

curvyred wrote:You should just tell your MIL that you were totally in love with the Emily Rose name, so you're going to name your son--

Emil Ross.
:lmao
curvyred
Noodles and Corn

Post by curvyred »

:D

Thought you'd like that.
chickenlittle
Poster Extraordinaire

Post by chickenlittle »

I love the name Emily. Unfortunately, that damn "Exorcism of Emily Rose" movie ruined my ability to use it, because my last name is Rose :crying
Sunrunner
Mmm... posting

Post by Sunrunner »

curvyred wrote:We were talking about alternate boy names (and since at least one of the top two made the lists here, I'm not saying what they are! :huffy ;)) DH decided he likes the name Christopher.

Nice, "normal" name, right?

It is . . . until he let me know that it was so that his kid would be named after Superman. :spit
EEEEEEEK!!! Does DH want him to be cursed like all the TV Supermen have been? ImageImageJust kidding. I actually like some of the names I posted, but I know that other people would think they're a bit odd.
curvyred
Noodles and Corn

Post by curvyred »

:lol

I'll have to ask him about that!

Actually, we were being goofy and looking at our third and fourth choice boy names--envisioning a platoon of little boys. ;)

I already know my mom doesn't like our first choice boy name. Eh. Oh well--she has time to adapt. :)
Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Post by Rowan »

I don't have any suggestions but I can commiserate. We didn't plan to tell anyone our name but my mom tormented me so much (actually stopped talking to my dad because of it and he called to force me to tell her) that I gave in and told. As I told her I was crying and she misunderstood what I said and spent months thinking we were naming our son Mangus. :tearhair

Its going to be a long hard road. You might want to come up with a few not in the running names and stick with those. When the baby comes you name him the name you had planned and just tell everyone that you changed your mind since he looked like a "insert name". That's what I'm going to do for #2.
Marie
TH Master

Post by Marie »

(((Rowan))) that is awful! Why do people do this shit? Jeff said she realized my names were fake sometime last night because she emailed him again about it. Basically every time MIL asks either of us she's getting a list of names to piss her off. My current frontrunner for next time is Jason Frederick. (think about it, I'm a huge horror movie fan....) Or possibly Burns Montgomery. I'm hoping she eventually gives up.
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

Just don't get involved, Marie. If she emails you asking about the names, don't reply. If she emails Jeff, let him deal with it. Don't let it stress you out, it's not worth it. Or make Jeff grow some cojones and tell his mother that the name is a secret until the baby is born!
Marie
TH Master

Post by Marie »

Spudd it isn't stressing me out, I'm enjoying fucking with her. Especially now that she knows I'm fucking with her. :twisted:

Besides, not responding to an email from my MIL means that she goes on a tyrade of "why are you mad at me???" *huge eye roll*
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

OMG, she sounds SO annoying. You have the patience of a saint.
Beverly
Desperate Postwife

Post by Beverly »

Sunrunner wrote: Gaetano
Meriadoc
Gandalf
Haviland
Aragorn
Lachlan (although the Celtic in me likes this name)
Ewan

Wow, I have to go find my keepsake baby name book!
My best friend's son is named Lachlan ... I think it's a terrific name, but it gets mispronounced a lot.
velocirrober
Aly's Buddy

Post by velocirrober »

ShaDiamond
LaQuante
Sequan
Cletidus
Jerametrius
Peppi
Alfreddie
Conquistador
Kennthony
Tebucky
Toderick
Tijuan
KiMontell

*runs backstage*
velocirrober
Aly's Buddy

Post by velocirrober »

You can also use geographic names, like some people do back home... just make sure they sound masculine enough (try the ones that end with a syllable containing 'o'):

Morocco
Salvador
Congo
Gabon
Quito
Mexico
aly
Inventor of the Post-It! ...note.

Re: ISO: Names to make my MIL cringe.

Post by aly »

Marie wrote:Jeff doesn't have the *ahem* balls to just tell his mother that we aren't telling the name until the Peanut is born. His mother is driving us CRAZY with names. She's really hitting it hard now that we know he's a boy. After talking to her last night she just emailed me AGAIN begging to know the name.

So give me some names, totally reasonable normal names, that will make my white, middle class sheltered Christian MIL cringe.

:twisted:
I know the name! It's Josh!
velocirrober
Aly's Buddy

Post by velocirrober »

I am back... And the first question I have for the group is: Which name did you end up choosing?
velocirrober
Aly's Buddy

Post by velocirrober »

You got fast fingers.
aly
Inventor of the Post-It! ...note.

Post by aly »

Duh...I just posted. It's Josh. :lol

Anywho, this thread was funny so it made it into The Vault. Where we keep the funny posts. People may not even see it's been bumped. Yeah, I realized that after I bumped it. :lol

Anyway, go to Anything Goes and announce your return.