Ok, so I've always heard about this happening but never knew

Where teh funnay is kept!
aly
Inventor of the Post-It! ...note.

Ok, so I've always heard about this happening but never knew

Post by aly »

Anyone it happened to IRL.

So my mom's best friend has a 20 year old niece. She went off to college, 4 year track scholarship. She's always been super skinny, and she runs competitively. Never really had a boyfriend, always really quiet and shy. She came home from school last week, 2 days later, her water broke. Nobody knew she was pregnant. She *knew* I guess, but must have been in major denial. :shock: I can't believe that. Her mom didn't even know she was pregnant. She ran in a track meet at 8 months pregnant. How in the hell?? Her water broke on Thursday and she just went to the hospital and had a little boy, over 7 lbs. My mom's best friend just saw her 3 weeks ago, thought she looked perfectly normal. :dunno So now the family is I guess scrambling to get stuff for the baby...they had nothing prepared. Can you even imagine? They didn't even have clothes, bottles...nothing. And she has exams this coming week and has to go back to school to take them, and her mom is taking care of the baby. I just wonder what the heck she is thinking now. Can't deny it anymore! Sheesh!

I was HUGE by 9 months. I mean, even if I wouldn't have gained much weight my stomach was really out there. :huh
Lady Bug
Now Zey Can Do Anal

Post by Lady Bug »

WTF?!?!? I've heard of that but yeah, I can't imagine someone being that tiny as a pregnant person . . . maybe because she ran so much? How is she doing? How is her family. Yikes!!!
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

When I hear cases like that, I'm just shocked that a healthy baby gets born. I mean, she probably wasn't taking pre-natal vitamins, didn't have an exam, was eating hot dogs, drinking alcohol, etc etc...
You got into this business because you're funny and weird, and you're socially retarded. And because it pays well. - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock.

:cookie
curvyred
Noodles and Corn

Post by curvyred »

I mean, she probably wasn't taking pre-natal vitamins, didn't have an exam, was eating hot dogs, drinking alcohol, etc etc...
:rofl

Of all the things to narrow in on Crystal, why HOT DOGS?

Aly--I've never understood those stories either. There must, in many cases, be major denial going on! Thank goodness she was able to deliver safely!
Rachael
My bee is in the hive

Post by Rachael »

When I was just out of high school my friends boyfriends best friends older sister ( :lol ) suddenly had a baby. She didn't know she was pregnant. She was married with a two year old at the time, so it wasn't like she was in denial. She had her period the whole time. She'd gained weight, but it was all over, not just in the tummy. She went to the doctor because she was having bad "cramps" and was concerned it was an appendecitis. She was in labor. The baby was perfectly healthy.
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

Those stories are scary! Can you imagine being pregnant and not realizing it? That would be my worst nightmare!
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

Yeah, I knew a girl who did the same thing. But she *did* know she was pregnant. I think she was just afraid of telling her parents, and she didn't get big at all, and one day she started having bad "cramps" and her parents took her to the hospital, and she had a baby. Then the whole family had to spend tons of money on her baby.
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

They say hot dogs are bad for pregnant women. :dunno

Besides, hot dogs are gross, period; I think they should be discontinued. :lol
You got into this business because you're funny and weird, and you're socially retarded. And because it pays well. - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock.

Marie
TH Master

Post by Marie »

There was a girl in my high school who pulled that as well. Personally I never believed that she didn't know. I mean, how about when the baby moves???
EDog

Post by EDog »

She probably thought to herself, "oh, it's just a little gas." And when someone else said to her she looked a little big, she said "oh, it's just a little gas." And then when she finally had the baby, the doctor probably said "cute little fart."

I
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

I know a girl who didn't realize she was pregnant until 3 weeks before the baby was born. She still got her period, and gained weight, but all over. She thought it was the stress of her job. Anyway, she wasn't with the father (they were dating a VERY short period of time) and had to call him up and tell him that she was having his child. Everything turned out fine but it was a scramble for her to get everything ready and arrange for maternity leave etc. The father has the little boy every other weekend now, I think, and they get along great, but still aren't together. Weird situation all around.
Marie
TH Master

Post by Marie »

Crystal Meth wrote:They say hot dogs are bad for pregnant women. :dunno

Besides, hot dogs are gross, period; I think they should be discontinued. :lol
Bite your tongue woman! Hot dogs RAWK and I really miss them. :crying
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

Eww! They've got pig snout and horse ass and cat fingernails and cockroach in them... :puke

Not to mention the hot dog carts that are everywhere downtown, and I HIGHLY doubt those grills are regularly cleaned. :huffy

UCKY!

Marie
TH Master

Post by Marie »

But Crystal, horse ass is the secret ingredient that makes them so damn tasty!!! :lol

Actually I only eat all beef Vienna hot dogs, thank you very much. Only cow's ass for me please.
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

One day at work a few years ago, we got talking about the grossness of what goes in hot dogs. Melissa, a former coworker, self-righteously declared, "well, my bf and I only buy the more expensive, all-beef hotdogs." She nearly threw up when we told her that "all-beef" just means that the lips and assholes come from cows only. Man, that was funny. :twisted:
Lady Bug
Now Zey Can Do Anal

Post by Lady Bug »

You guys are ruining my hot dog lovingness! :crying
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

You guys should buy Veggie Dogs. :smug They're really good, and taste almost exactly the same!

Marie
TH Master

Post by Marie »

No Crystal, they don't.
Lady Bug
Now Zey Can Do Anal

Post by Lady Bug »

Crystal Meth wrote:You guys should buy Veggie Dogs. :smug They're really good, and taste almost exactly the same!
Veggie dogs??? I'd rather eat the pig snout :huffy
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

Marie, they do so!

LB, have you even tried them? :talktohand

You guys eat your horse entrails, I'll stick with my soy goodness. :smug