I finished Life of Pi

Moderator: Malanee

Spudd
TH Master

I finished Life of Pi

Post by Spudd »

Sorry for being so slow! Is there anyone else still working on it or shall we begin discussing?
Malanee
Challenging Vagina

Post by Malanee »

I'm down to begin discussions. Anyone else?
Happiness is an inside job.
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

I already read it. Let's chat 'er up!
You got into this business because you're funny and weird, and you're socially retarded. And because it pays well. - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock.

:cookie
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

First of all, I want to say I loved this book. I loved it so much I wanted to keep it! (I borrowed it from my dad, who hated it. Why did I give it back? Mainly because my mom hadn't read it and I would feel bad taking back a gift. Anyways, back on track.)

I loved it most while he was on the raft. I was constantly amazed by his ingenuity and bravery.

The part I liked least was the island. I'm not sure why - I guess I felt like it pushed it too far into fantasy land, vs the raft section which was quite believable.

Then the ending! Which story was true? It's up to us... but I like the one with the animals more.
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

The only part I didn't like was the description of the tree that ate people. (to put it simply, LOL) It creeped me out.

I like the tiger story too, Spudd. I prefer to think he wasn't imagining it.

When I'm walking downtown in Toronto, I always think "What would fall out if we turned the city upside down and shook it? Would there really be giraffes and monkeys that roamed through the city?"
You got into this business because you're funny and weird, and you're socially retarded. And because it pays well. - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock.

:cookie
Malanee
Challenging Vagina

Post by Malanee »

Should we put spoiler in the heading?

I loved this book. I thought it was so imaginative. Which ending did you prefer? I liked the story he told, not the story that might have been true.
Happiness is an inside job.