Poll - Hardcover or softcover?

Moderator: Malanee

Lady Bug
Now Zey Can Do Anal

Poll - Hardcover or softcover?

Post by Lady Bug »

Which do you prefer?

Although they're more expensive, I do prefer hardcover books . . . because I read *everywhere* (on the metro, at the hair salon, etc., etc.) and keep my books in my purse, my softcover books always get jacked up. At least with hardcovers I can pull off the dust jacket, beat up the cover as much as I like while reading and then put it back on my shelf and give the illusion that it is in pristine condition :smug

What about you guys - hardcover or softcover?
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

See, I like softcovers for the exact same reason that you like hardcovers. I read everywhere too, and softcovers are light and portable! Mine don't generally get messed up, but I'm careful with them and read pretty quickly. :awesome
You got into this business because you're funny and weird, and you're socially retarded. And because it pays well. - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock.

:cookie
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

I prefer softcovers, because I do a lot of reading in bed, and it's easier to hold up a softcover.
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

Yup. I'm with Crystal and Spudd. Softcovers are lighter, cheaper, easier to carry.
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

I like whatever the library has in stock. :giggle

I do prefer to read softcovers for all the reasons mentioned, but if I happen to be so engrossed in a book that I want to read it instead of a magazine at the gym, it better be hardcover so it can fit better in the plastic holder and not fold shut easily.
Malanee
Challenging Vagina

Post by Malanee »

I like softcovers for all the aforementioned reasons, plus - I find hardcovers harder to read with one hand. And sense I do everything with a book in one hand (sweep, walk, cook, etc. *lol*), I need something light!
Happiness is an inside job.