Sarah McLaughlin

Where teh funnay is kept!
Lady Bug
Now Zey Can Do Anal

Sarah McLaughlin

Post by Lady Bug »

Is anyone here a fan of Sarah McLaughlin? (Probably lots of folks!) I'm not all that familiar with her music but she has a Christmas album out . . . and I'm seriously thinking of getting it . . . or at least downloading a few tracks. I love love lover her song "World on Fire." That is one of the best songs EVER.

That is all :smug
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

LB I love Sarah. I actually listened to the Afterglow CD while eating supper tonight. That's the one World On Fire is on, and my fave song from that cd is "Answer". Love it.

I was totally thinking about picking up the Christmas album to play on my drive up north on Thursday. It's gotten amazing reviews.
Lady Bug
Now Zey Can Do Anal

Post by Lady Bug »

If you do, let me know what you think! (I'm really excited to hear her sing "Merry Christmas (War is Over)") Look at me . . . gettin' into indy rock ;)
Annie
Noodles and Corn

Post by Annie »

:lol Sarah McLachlin is so NOT indie rock. She's more folk than anything.

I LOVE Sarah McLachlin. Love, love, love her. I went to Lilith Fair twice just to see her. She's amazing live. I have all of her albums.

I'm totally going to get the Christmas album.
Lady Bug
Now Zey Can Do Anal

Post by Lady Bug »

Annie wrote::lol Sarah McLachlin is so NOT indie rock. She's more folk than anything.
:shrug
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

First, it's McLachlan.

Second, World on Fire is one of my least favourite songs of hers. "Fallen" and "I Will Remember You" are my faves.

Third, I would also like her Christmas album.

Fourth, never doubt the Canadian musicians. They kick international ass. (at this time, I'd also like to take the opportunity to plug Jann Arden) :smug
You got into this business because you're funny and weird, and you're socially retarded. And because it pays well. - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock.

:cookie
Annie
Noodles and Corn

Post by Annie »

Thank you, Crystal! It's bugging me that the tagline is wrong. And DITTO on "World on Fire". My favorite is "Fumbling Towards Ecstacy" and the secret song that comes after (a piano verson of "Posession").

But don't be discouraged LB. You're a new fan.
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

The World on Fire video bugs me too. The one where it's like "It costs XXX to feed a village, and the same amount to hire a film crew." I get that she's showing our wastefulness, but it's like "You big contradiction! You clearly spent the money anyway." :lol
You got into this business because you're funny and weird, and you're socially retarded. And because it pays well. - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock.

:cookie
Annie
Noodles and Corn

Post by Annie »

OMG. I forgot about the video! It is a little annoying. Although, I'm sure the video wouldn't bug me if I didn't hate the song.
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

I love the 'secret' version of Possession. Do you know the story behind the song?

That whole album and the Freedom Sessions totally take me back to University.
Annie
Noodles and Corn

Post by Annie »

Blush, yep!
Lady Bug
Now Zey Can Do Anal

Post by Lady Bug »

You guys don't like "World on Fire"???? See, the only reason I know that song is because it was the theme song to that miniseries "Into the West" that I was hooked on 2 summers ago . . . I was even more moved by it when I found out she wrote it after 9/11 . . . .
Molly
Gone Postal

Post by Molly »

I'd love to hear the Christmas album. I love her music.

Secondly, of course Annie loves Sarah McLachlan (or however you spell it) - she was Adiabelle on the other board! Are you impressed that I remember that? :lol (I'm impressed, because my memory is shot!)
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

I'm impressed Molly! I had forgotten!
Linda
At this point, you may need to consider a blog.

Post by Linda »

Mark and I totally love her music!!!!!!
Beana
Turducken

Post by Beana »

I love Sarah too!

I also am not a big fan of "World on fire". My songs are "posession" of course, I like "Fallen", "um.... damn what's the name of that other song I like. the one that goes "I believe this is heaven to no one else but me..."

B
aly
Inventor of the Post-It! ...note.

Post by aly »

Crystal Meth wrote:First, it's McLachlan.
Seriously! :high5 :whew
aly
Inventor of the Post-It! ...note.

Post by aly »

Molly wrote:Secondly, of course Annie loves Sarah McLachlan (or however you spell it) - she was Adiabelle on the other board! Are you impressed that I remember that? :lol (I'm impressed, because my memory is shot!)
I remember that now that you say it!! For some reason I got it stuck in my head that she named herself Adiabelle for some other reason. :headscratch I just thought I asked her once or we had a poll about our usernames and she said that it came from elsewhere. Oh well. My memory sucks too! Mommy brain!

So was that why you named yourself that Annie? Cause you're a big Sarah McLachlan-Laughlin-Laugh In-Linkletter fan?? :giggle
Annie
Noodles and Corn

Post by Annie »

Yep, Molly's right! (I *am* impressed that you remembered any of that!)

The "Adia" part is obvious. The "belle" part is because I used to have friends who called me "Annabelle".
Lady Bug
Now Zey Can Do Anal

Post by Lady Bug »

Annie wrote:
The "Adia" part is obvious.
How is that obvious? (I'm probably blanking on something I *should* know.)