Is anyone on LibraryThing or GoodReads?

Moderator: Malanee

Spudd
TH Master

Is anyone on LibraryThing or GoodReads?

Post by Spudd »

I just discovered Librarything.com and Goodreads.com. Although, I have to say I like Librarything better. You catalogue your library, and then you can get suggestions on books based on the books you have in your library that it calculates by looking at what other people who have your books also have that you don't have. (Holy run-on sentence.) And you can see your friends' libraries.

I'm Spudd on both of them.
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

:crystal
You got into this business because you're funny and weird, and you're socially retarded. And because it pays well. - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock.

:cookie
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

*doubly posting*

Spudd, I started cataloguing my books yesterday! But I was at work, and started forgetting everything I own. :lol

I wish you could subdivide it better, like "read", "unread", do not actually own, wishlist, etc.

(edit: actually, I think goodreads has that. why do you like librarything better?)
You got into this business because you're funny and weird, and you're socially retarded. And because it pays well. - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock.

Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

I like librarything better because you can import and export your lists.

I'm using tags to separate read, unread, etc. At least in theory. I've only done it for a few books so far.
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

I didn't know about them. Thanks! I just tried LibraryThing. That book suggester thing is pretty cool!
Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

So far, I'm only adding my books that I haven't read. It's like my reading "to-do" list!

Crystal Meth
Cheeseless Whore

Post by Crystal Meth »

The Unsuggester is hilarious!

If you liked Immanuel Kant's "Critique of Pure Reason", you would not like "Confessions of a Shopaholic"

Sez who? :rofl

Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

When all I had in there was an Anne Rice book and "A Wizard of Earthsea" I tried the unsuggester and it came up with a TON of religious books. :lol
Stacy
Assless Chaps

Post by Stacy »

That is super cool! I will have to start doing that... as if I need something else to keep me busy!