My Sister's Keeper - Mellenhead? *SPOILERS*

Moderator: Malanee

Sílvia
Trophy Wife

My Sister's Keeper - Mellenhead? *SPOILERS*

Post by Sílvia »

I finished it yesterday. WTF was up with that stupid ending?? Such a decent read until that point. Melodramatic, but I enjoy a good (fictitious) melodrama :) I wish she'd just let Anna decide what to do. Or maybe even finished right after the hearing, and left the ending to our imaginations. But that TV movie ending was so lame.

What did you think?
mellenhead
Shoulder Eater

Re: My Sister's Keeper - Mellenhead? *SPOILERS*

Post by mellenhead »

Yeah, I didn't like the ending either. And the mother totally grated on my nerves, especially at the end. I think it would have been better to end it at the trial.

I had no idea they had made a TV movie out of it! I will have to see if it's on Hallmark or Lifetime or something like that.
Anna
TH Master

Post by Anna »

All of Jodi Picoult's books have dumb ass endings like that. I liked that book too until the end, I like all her books until the end.
mellenhead
Shoulder Eater

Post by mellenhead »

Anna wrote:All of Jodi Picoult's books have dumb ass endings like that. I liked that book too until the end, I like all her books until the end.
I'm not reading anymore of her books. This one pissed me off and so did 19 minutes (or 17 or whatever the number is).
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

Keeping Faith was even worse. At least in this one (My Sister's Keeper) she explained things. Vanishing Acts had a decent ending.