Anyone seen The Time Traveler's Wife?

Moderator: Malanee

Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Anyone seen The Time Traveler's Wife?

Post by Sílvia »

I loved the book and I'm gonna check out the movie anyway, but I wanted to know if you guys had seen it. It has THE most stupid title in Portuguese ever. It's called "I'll love you forever".
mellenhead
Shoulder Eater

Re: Anyone seen The Time Traveler's Wife?

Post by mellenhead »

I couldn't get past Eric Bana playing the male lead and never saw it. :phbtt! I'll be curious to hear what you think of it though.
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

It sucks!! I don't have a problem with Eric Bana (didn't know who he was), though the Clare in my head was Donna from That 70's Show. But I like Rachael McAdams. Anyway, I was afraid this wouldn't work as a movie, and it totally doesn't! You know how in the book she always says the date and how old they are in the beginning of each section? Well, the movie doesn't have that and I suppose you'll get lost if you haven't read the book. It starts with Henry's mom's accident, and in the second scene adult Henry is already explaining to 6-year-old Henry that he can't change that and everything will be fine in the future. WTF?? That happens like halfway through the book! The movie felt choppy and hard to follow. And just plain silly.

But I'm glad I saw it anyway. I always like to compare and then read the book again to see what else they've butchered :awesome
Rachael
My bee is in the hive

Post by Rachael »

I HATED IT!!!! I was mad for days! They ruined such a good story. It sucked out all of the personality and quirkiness. BOO on the movie!
mellenhead
Shoulder Eater

Post by mellenhead »

I'm glad i never saw it. I LOOOOOOVE the book and I know the movie would bother me to no end.