Diana Gabaldon, anyone?

Moderator: Malanee

Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Diana Gabaldon, anyone?

Post by Sílvia »

I read Outlander in 2005 and just got Dragonfly in Amber, the second in the series. Anyone read these books? I hope I can start this one without having to re-read Outlander, it's so insanely long. I might have to find a summary online to refresh my memory.
Spudd
TH Master

Re: Diana Gabaldon, anyone?

Post by Spudd »

I read Outlander and I enjoyed it well enough. But I didn't feel compelled to read the rest of the series.

Spoiler alert!!: (maybe! LOL)

I think the plot was: Woman goes back in time, meets hottie, falls in love with him even though he's chauvinistic and sometimes hits her, they have to flee from someone for some reason that I can't remember, they get married and move to the countryside. I could be wrong though, it's been a while.
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

:lol

That's more or less what I remember. I felt the same way as you at the time, Spudd. It was fun, but not enough to make me wanna read the remaining 5 billion pages. But now, 5 years later...

Thanks!
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

I did find a plot summary on Wikipedia. I love the internet. So that was good, one page instead of 800. But I kind of wanna re-read it now! Won't do it though, just started Dragonfly. Did you know there are now like 9 or 10 books in the series?? I wonder if she knows what she's doing anymore!
Beverly
Desperate Postwife

Post by Beverly »

I read and really, really enjoyed the first four in the series. I was very excited for the fifth when it came out, but I could never get into it. After giving it three or four tries, I finally gave up, and it's still sitting unread on my bookshelf.
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

Beverly, someone on the chicklit forums said the exact same thing. Well, at least I have 3 more to go!