Worst Books of 2010

Moderator: Malanee

Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Worst Books of 2010

Post by Sílvia »

Can we have this? Please??

So here are mine:

Watermelon by Marian Keyes - I used to have some respect for her. She writes chick lit, but of the good variety. But man, this was awful. So, so silly. I think it was her first book. No shit.

Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon - the second one in the series. I blame this book for having read only 16 books this year. It was soooooo long and dragged so much that it took me 3 months to finish. Why I didn't stop reading it is beyond me.

The Two Lives of Miss Charlotte Merryweather by Alexandra Potter - more predictable chick lit.

The problem with buying books is that you feel obliged to read them since you spent the money :cuss
Spudd
TH Master

Re: Worst Books of 2010

Post by Spudd »

Here are mine:

Olympos, by Dan Simmons. I've been reading this pile of shit since Oct 26. I don't know why I don't just give up.
Into Thick Air, by Jim Malusa. Really, really boring book about bike touring.
Juggler of Worlds, by Larry Niven. Unbenownst to me, this was a sequel. I hadn't read the first one. I was confused.
mellenhead
Shoulder Eater

Post by mellenhead »

I love it! I will add mine tomorrow, I know I have a few to add!
Bugsy
Noodles and Corn

Post by Bugsy »

Cool idea!

This one got 2.5/5 stars:

Dancing Girls by Margaret Atwood (short stories and just...meh. I've come to expect more from her, so this was a disappointment. Next year I need to check out more of her novels)

And these were all 3/5:

The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood (a retelling of "The Odyssey," which I just didn't get into too much. Maybe if I were more familiar with the original I'd have appreciated it more?)

The Book of Dahlia by Elisa Albert

Our Lady of the Forest by David Guterson
mellenhead
Shoulder Eater

Post by mellenhead »

Here are mine:

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown - I really don't know why I even read it, his writing irritates me beyond belief.

The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell - Totally just a way to make $$ off the SATC franchise.

My Hollywood by Mona Simpson - I wanted to like it but the alternating chapters between a mother and Phillipene (sp?) nanny she hires drove me nuts because the nanny's chapters were in broken English.

Mommywood by Tori Spelling. Ok, I think she's kind of funny and I half watch her TV show. This book was SOOO BAD. I couldn't even get more than 2 chapters in.

There are a few others that were stinkers that I just gave up on.
Anna
TH Master

Post by Anna »

Wicked, I HATED It.

Under the Banner

I didn't finish either of them. Under the Banner was too much history of the Mormon church, which I know already b/c I was slightly obssessed with it in college. And Wicked confused me so I read the ending on Wikipedia.
Beverly
Desperate Postwife

Post by Beverly »

Probably the only really bad book I read this year was Dead Until Dark, the first Sookie Stackhouse book. Man, I really H-A-T-E-D that book.