It's June - what are you reading?

Moderator: Malanee

Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Re: It's June - what are you reading?

Post by Rowan »

Stayed up late to finish Defending Jacob. If you like thriller/murder mystery/law books, READ this. One of the best books I've read in 2012. Let me rephrase that as best stories I've read because sometimes the writing is just ugh and you have to slog through (but it's worth it).

I have the 2nd Shades of Grey waiting for me next. :jax
mellenhead
Shoulder Eater

Post by mellenhead »

The Chaperone bored me so I gave up after 60 or pages. I just picked up The List and The Receptionist from the libary on Monday. Hoping to start on one of them tonight.
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

I'm still slogging through my sailing book. Meh. I'm not really into sailing and his writing is only occasionally amusing.

I got on the hold list for the ebook of "Defending Jacob" from the library. Thanks for the recommendation!
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

I stayed up late to finish The Decision. It was really good but at this moment I'm wishing I'd saved the last 100 pages or so for today. :yawn

Now I've got "This Beautiful Life" by Helen Schulman. I need to get to the library soon!
Bugsy
Noodles and Corn

Post by Bugsy »

I reread Cat's Eye by Margaret Atwood for book club and enjoyed just as much as I did the first time.

Yesterday I finished the 3rd in the "Song of Ice and Fire" series, A Storm of Swords. It was really good, and a ton of crazy stuff happens, especially in the last 1/3 of the book. I'll take a break to read lighter fare but will be reading the 4th in the relatively near future.

I'm almost through with listening to the audiobook of The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. It's amazing. It's filled with sadness and hard times, but it's a truly amazing story. I'm loving it.

I picked up a few audiobooks for our long drive to far northern WI tomorrow (~5 hours each way). I got Ender's Game, a couple by David Sedaris, and Choke by Chuck Palahniuk. Hopefully Jason will be interested in one of those.
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

We LOVED the Ender's Game audiobook. Highly recommended!