Bernadette ending (spoilers, obviously)

Moderator: Malanee

Spudd
TH Master

Bernadette ending (spoilers, obviously)

Post by Spudd »

Ok, so I'm a bit confused by the ending.

They retrieved a pad from her cabin on the ship that had stuff written about Audrey on it. But the letter that's revealed at the end was written from Palmer Station. And it had the exact same phrases in it about Audrey being a devil and an angel.

I was also having trouble with the timeline but I looked through it again and I guess it makes sense. But Bee was only at boarding school for like 2 weeks max, which seems kind of ridiculous. And I guess Bernadette was more or less just about to leave for the other station when Bee showed up.

I also wonder why Manjula would bother to book the Antarctic vacation and not just clean out their bank accounts as soon as she had the needed information. But I suppose I should have willing suspension of disbelief.
Anna
TH Master

Re: Bernadette ending (spoilers, obviously)

Post by Anna »

I needed another two chapters but I did get the impression Mom came back home and they donated hell house and then lived happily ever after.

I also didn't get booking the trip instead of just taking all the info.
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

I do not remember it that clearly!
mellenhead
Shoulder Eater

Post by mellenhead »

I am no help, I read it awhile ago and have been thinking about it since you post Spudd and I just can't remember the ending. :tearhair
Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Post by Rowan »

Poor Spudd...I don't remember it that clearly either particularly your first point. I'm sorry.... :sadpanda
Bugsy
Noodles and Corn

Post by Bugsy »

Yeah, I just finished this and didn't really like it much. It was good until about halfway through and then just got so strange. I totally agree about the notepad and the letter--that makes no sense. It all just got tied up too neatly at the end, but yet simultaneously didn't resolve a lot of things. What about Soo-Lin and the baby? What about Audrey? Since she "saved" Bernadette, are they friends now?

Sorry, y'all, I know this was well-received by most people here, but it just didn't do anything for me.
Anna
TH Master

Post by Anna »

The ending was ridiculous and left way too many questions.