Re: January 2023!

Post by Sílvia »

It probably won't work for me, then.
Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Post by Rowan »

It's ALL tennis.
Hahahaha - yep! I actually liked it better than Malibu Rising but I grew up in a tennis house (where my dad played and my mom watched it on tv constantly).
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

I mean, I ended up liking the latest by Liane Moriarty after a slow start, but 1) I adore Liane and 2) I didn't think it talked too much about tennis at all. But Taylor Jenkins Reid is not Liane and if there is that much tennis... but it's funny to see people's reactions. I actually saw a video the other day where the woman said "you barely notice the tennis talk, the story's so good", haha! I'll have to check the sample and see it for myself. The same thing happened to Tomorrow, tomorrow and tomorrow with regard to video games: some readers said you barely noticed the video game talk, others said it was all about video games. Sadly, with that one, I ended up agreeing with the latter and couldn't take it.
Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Post by Rowan »

I read the Liane Moriarty one too and they don't even compare with the tennis levels. Hahaha.

I also may have been the one to suggest Tomorrow, Tomorrow and Tomorrow - I didn't get bogged down by the video games.
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

Ugh on the tennis levels!

You did suggest Tomorrow, but it'd been popping up often in my goodreads feed and I got curious. But I really didn't find the blurb appealing, so I don't know why I insisted. I should follow my own advice; if merely reading the BLURB is boring you, the book is not for you. Seems obvious when I say it out loud.