February!

Moderator: Malanee

Spudd
TH Master

Re: February!

Post by Spudd »

I finished Whereabouts by Jhumpa Lahiri. Wouldn't really recommend it. It didn't do much for me. It wasn't terrible, just wasn't much of anything.

Now I'm reading Millionaire Teacher by Andrew Hallam. Non-fiction personal finance book. Boy, that guy really scrimped when he was young. Rowan's husband would be a fan.
Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Post by Rowan »

Rowan's husband would be a fan.
Hahahahaha
Rowan
Stinky Ho Zat Changed Zeh Channel

Post by Rowan »

I'm reading How to Sell a Haunted House - it's very good. House is haunted by puppets and dolls. :ahh
Spudd
TH Master

Post by Spudd »

Rowan wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:56 am I'm reading How to Sell a Haunted House - it's very good. House is haunted by puppets and dolls. :ahh
Yikes! LOL. That's more nightmarish than ghosts.
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

I finished Turtles All the Way Down. Solid 4 stars.

Now I have The Nine Lives of Rose Napolitano by Donna Freitas.
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

I read The Housemaid by Freida Mc...Fadden? I think that's it. I seem to be in the mood for trashy suspense, since this was my fifth in a row. This last one there were some people on goodreads saying has the exact same plot as The Other Mrs. Parrish. I don't know, but it was fun! It was terribly implausible and reminded me a little of Behind Closed Doors. Which was also terribly implausible and trashy, but also fun.
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

I read Saving Noah by Lucinda Berry. I thought it would be a thriller, but it's a very heavy drama. I almost gave it up when I found out what it was about (teenage pedophile), but I got sucked in. Powerful story that I think I won't forget, but so devastating. It's told mostly from the point of view of the pedophile's mother. It was NOT my idea of entertainment.

Now I'm back to previously scheduled popcorn thrillers. I have another Freida McFadden. I think it's called The Surrogate Mother.
Blush
TH Master

Post by Blush »

I finished The Nine Lives of Rose Napolitano and it was ok. I loved the premise but I couldn't rouse myself to care all that much.
Sílvia
Trophy Wife

Post by Sílvia »

Blush, if I'm remembering right, I thought 9 lives was way too many to keep track! That book didn't work for me.